Hybrid Equipment Trailer

Dboy11

Resident Closet Gay
Has anyone seen a 35'-40' gooseneck with an enclosed portion on the first 15' or so? I figured thats what we needed here at work, so I will start on the solidworks drawings soon. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas/comments? Goal is to have a mobile shop at the front with equipment and a supply room, with the rest of the trailer for equipment.

Tow vehicles are either F-650's or some F-550's.

This is an example of one of them at the shop, new axles are in the building sitting on a pallet......

Why dont you get a longer trailer and then a 20' container?

That way you can remove it and its super secure.

How about just sitting a box/van body on the trailer deck and bolting it down?

Well way to make my life way easier than I had thought guys :hehe:

alot of people do campers on the front and trucks on the back.similar to what you are talking about doing.some are permanent mount some are removeable.

there is a local guy here who did the same thing you want for his company looks great although his trailer is a little loger 35feet I think but very functional. he took the neck and some body of a enclosed stock trailer and the back end of a flatbed gooseneck dually and put em together, looks great and seems to work good for him

Why dont you get a longer trailer and then a 20' container?

That way you can remove it and its super secure.

Exaclty what I was going to type. That's be simple, removable, and secure. But if you need solidworks help, I'll be glad to look over your models and give you my input if you like. Just send 'em to me.

Back