Hydrogen generators on Diesels, How come no discussion? 60 MPG Duramax?!?

I had a lot of thoughts and I didn't finish some of them..... So:

What I was asking about the water injection for was the fact that I too am skeptical about HHO. Oh don't get me wrong! I want it to work! And I do wish you the best with it too! (I see a lot of problems with it too. Has anyone mentioned the fact that you might want to shut it off well before you shut off the engine? I can see the moisture in the intake area causing a lot of corrosion and rust if it isn't 'aired' out before shut down. The other thing I don't hear any discussion on is about the electrolyte used in the water. Most are highly corrosive. Is / can that cause any problems in the intake of the engine over time? Like I said: I'm all for this working. If it does work well then these other questions need to be answered. It would not set well with most of us to even double our mileage if it totaled the engine in 50,k or 100,k miles!)
I understand the science and what not and I have to wonder if these systems are not just acting somewhat like a water injection system. That is why I asked how much of a benefit is seen from water injection. And what is your guesstimate of how much this HHO system is helping your mileage. If it is a lot more than what most see from water injection, then there must be something to this.

I also hope I didn't 'over' explain how to calculate your mileage. It really is quite simple! Deko, even if you have been doing it wrong (You have at least been in-accurate in using the when it clicks off method), you don't need to start all over. You could go tomorrow and fill up all the way. Write down the mileage and from now on always fill all the way to the top. Each tank is just that. Each time you write down the mileage (from the odometer) and then divide with how many gallons you just put in! In fact, you don't 'have' to fill-up each time. If you are ever at a station that is clearly robbing you, just put in enough to make it to a 'nice' one. Say you put in 10 gallons. All you do is fill up when you can, then write down the miles and simply add in the gallons from the partial fill. Then you are right back to your usual fill-ups and calculations!

Dan

Well tonight is my third fill up and I'm going to fill up the same way. My increase in mpg is so out there that there's no way on Gods green Earth that it was due to my tuning, lighter on pedal, going down hill...(you have to go up hill before down), filling up wrong. Also, I used my tuner to recalirate my tires. I have it set up to a relay and switch so that it only runs if my engine is running but I can shut it off as well, there's also a circuit breaker in case it runs over 20 amps. As for electrolyte I use lye because baking soda and salt can and will eat away at your stainless steel, the hho is flowed to the bottom of a container called a "bubbler" so the moister and lye, if any, is taken out. My tubing from the bubbler to air intake is still clear. Also, hho is already in a gas state, not a liquid, when entering the engine. As for creating enough to "blow up" my engine it took about 20 seconds to fill up a balloon. I am assuming that the hho is increasing the thermal efficiency of my engine and as for egt's they dropped a little and the engine is quieter. I have a 26 gallon tank and each fill-up with HHO has been over 700 miles. I use about 20-22 gallons. I know that statement right there is gonna cause a lot of arguments and people thinking I fell off the lolly pop truck but I have been video taping everything and it will be on youtube after my 5th tank and after that I don't care what people tell me or say to me because to get more power, less egt's and a hell lot more of mpg is ok with me :evil

You have too, it takes the lye out too and if a spark ever came back it would blow the lid off and not damage the generator. All it is is a universal anti-freeze container. It sits anywhere above the generator and the hho flows into the bottom nipple and out of top. It also feeds the generator because I purchased a dry cell.

Deko, your mpg could and should be greater, is your tuner still on econo tune? Also, after being on Welcome to Water4Gas and reading all the information they give you which is where I started out in this hobby, I realized all the false information they give in order to buy their plans. As it does work the promoters are doing it to increase sales instead of getting the real facts on how it works. I believe your theory on thermal efficiency may be correct since hho does burn hotter and then turns into steam to help cool down after. Gasoline's burning temp is 536 F hho is 570 F, if hho is in its gas state when entering the engine, which it is, then maybe it will?

I found out some more info, the tuner on econo tune increases fuel pressure to keep the fuel more atomized and controls timing to where the fuel is injected as to relation of the cylinder position...increase timing, increase fuel pressure, add hho....increase mpg. So if you lean out the fuel, increase timing, fuel pressure, and add hho maybe I will get even better mpg, I might try that in the future.

If Ponder see this...... he'll faint. 22-23 gallons lasting 700 miles or better and without a "string" attached to the go pedal. LOL

Just read the whole thread. I was considering doing it, but got convinced not to bother. Now I'm almost convinced to do it, again.
Decka, try turning it off and see what happens. If your mileage drops back to normal, then this system almost certainly works. I run about 350 on about 18 gallons of fuel, it would be unreal if I can double that.
There are always those who say it can't be done, and then there are those who do it.
I don't pretend to understand the science, I've heard the claims from both sides, but if I can build a system for $30-$40, and increase mileage, it's worth it. If it doesn't work, I'm not out too much.
Afterall, at one time science said man would never fly, the Earth was flat, man could not travel faster than 40mph, cars would never replace horses, etc............
I've been looking at WVO, propane/CNG, algae oil, and almost anything else that comes up.
If this HHO system is so cheap, and actually works, whats the downside?

Ok,
You answered my question! Now you have my attention! You have been averaging going 700 miles and it takes about 23 gal to fill it back up so you can do it again? Is this correct?

I have some more questions for you: What did you set your tire size to with your programmer? Does it ask for RPM? And what did you input? (What I'm getting at there is I wonder if you have an accurate odometer reading. If you went an actual 500 miles instead of the indicated 700 your mileage would be much closer to what would be normal. It is still high at 22 MPG . . . But . . . . ) If you have verified that your odometer is indicating correctly then you truely have a great mpg maker there! (Only way I know how to do that is to run a stretch of freeway and keep track of the odometer readings and the mile posts.)

I would like to know how you made your system! I want to build one and try it out!! Sounds awesome!!

Hey, no one is picking on anyone when they try to point out a problem or fault in theory. We all have some mis-conceptions about something. Just remember no one can be right all the time or know everything. It's just too hard to know it all. But instead, keep the ideas coming and as we share back and forth we all will learn things from each other! Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?

My tires have been calibrated for 32.75" (they're 33's but when u measure its 32.75) since the last three years I had the truck. I had it calibrated this way before I was running hho and I was always checking my mpg then. It's not 700 miles on 23 gallons, the least I got was 704 miles on 20.3 gallons of fuel. When you do the math it is staggering numbers. A tank of fuel used to last 3-4 days now it's about 6-7 days so I know it's working. As for turning it off I do while I'm driving and I can feel the power drop immediately and pick right back up after I turn it on. I bought mine off of eBay, it's a 16 plate dry cell but I took a plate off and rearranged the + - n to a 15 plate -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- and I know it's working because I put about 700 miles on my truck a week and I'm only filling it up once a week now instead of 3 or 4 days.

I've been looking at WVO, propane/CNG, algae oil, and almost anything else that comes up.

I used to make biodiesel when diesel was $5 a gallon and it was worth it but it's too much of a pain in the @$$ now that it's $2.60 and I'm getting good mpg.

Scranton, where every one thinks the show the office is from.

Bit of a drive for me. Can you tell me which system you bought? At least whether it was dry-cell or not. Been doing a lot of research, I like the dry-cell type and found one I like a lot.

Back