Hypermax head gaskets? Any thoughts?

FirstOnRaceDay

Boss Man
Has anyone had any experience with these? Good or bad. They look like a pretty good product.

Either one. I want to firering my heads and these are cheaper than all of the others. I want to know if there is a reason why they are cheaper.

I know me and a few other people have a therory about fireringing......I would rather have the pressure go out the headgasket than the bottom end. I am not fireringing my heads. Im sure with my compunds and the amount of NITROUS*nx* Im going to be using next year it will be intresting if I blow another set of headgaskets. Unless your building the bottom end than I wouldnt firering...My opinion

I'd like to see someone come to the table with a decent replacement head that is built to withstand the headaches (pun intended) that diesels cause.

I had the Hypermax $1000 head gaskets and fire rings and were the biggest piece of $hit I ever bought. Now I have a $4300 set of heads that are not even a good paper weight.

I HAD a set of the Hypermax head gaskets! I didn't have very good luck with them. I have to get the pics together and will post my experience!

Last edited:
I've had the Hypermax 500 gaskets in my truck with a set of ATS H-11 studs for a year and a half pushing 45 psi on the turbo with no problems.

Robts said:
I know me and a few other people have a therory about fireringing......I would rather have the pressure go out the headgasket than the bottom end. I am not fireringing my heads. Im sure with my compunds and the amount of NITROUS*nx* Im going to be using next year it will be intresting if I blow another set of headgaskets. Unless your building the bottom end than I wouldnt firering...My opinion

I hear what you're saying, but I don't know that I agree with you respectfully. Most of the time when a head gasket fails it's usually cylinder to cylinder. It is possible to go out in other directions, but not as often. So fire ringing or lockringing the block makes sure it doesn't vent side to side. I can't see the pressure going out the bottom, because if that's the case, you have two things at play: overkill on fueling and an inadequate bottom end to do the job you're asking the motor to do...

So, I guess the question is this: How much power do you really want to, or plan to make. A daily driver with fire rings I would be willing to bet a paycheck would never blow a gasket. I think this would also include the weekend warrior with some light mods and wants to puke proof his motor. If you're going balls out, looking for an 11 second truck, then you should have more into your motor than just sticks, big turbo, fuel system etc. Look at the guys in the gas arena... 4 bolt mains, different rods, pistons, crank and so on...

Granted building a diesel is a heck of a lot more expensive, but we already knew that the day we bought our trucks.

So if you're pushing your luck, or not really sure what you're making, yeah, I could see where you might run into trouble. But if you're just playing lightly, I can't see where it would hurt you.

Again, no disrespect intended.

I've blown fire rings twice. Bottom end is still in one piece.

I have the ATS fire rings and head gaskets..have had zero problems with them. my machinist really like the kit.

my tech buddy has the hypermax kit that you cut the heads for..the same machinist that did his did mine..he said that he felt the ATS kit was the better f the two. Why..I have no idea.. you CAN have bottom end problems even don't have rings..sometimes it just happens.

There was a 06 F550 today at the shop with 66K on the clock and the LPOP went out on it and cut grooves into the crank..just to show ANYTHING can happen..this truck was totally stock and guess what ..it didn't have a Fluidampnr.(common misconception that only truck with the dampnr have lpop problems)

Back