I gotta question...

Extended Power

Looking at my block today, it appears that the shop may have forgot to install one of the oil gallery plugs. Can Anyone confirm this by the pictures below?

The pictures are from the rear of the block, and it looks like the supply line to the HPOP is wide open at the end. instead of plugged off.
The one picture is of the front of the block. Can anyone confirm that all the plugs are in the right holes??:bang:bang

Thanks fella's:bow:

Last edited:
I confirmed the front with the "6.0L Bible". They are all right. But I can't seem to find a picture of the back of the block that doesn't have the cam, and HPOP in the way.:bang

19 views...not even a comment????:poke:

Ivan, I am not 100% sure, but I think its correct. When I get home tonight, Late, I will look at mine and let you know.

It's not worth commenting if you don;t have the answer.

Even a silly comment shows that some people are a little interested...

It's just that I haven't seen my block for almost 5 months, and didn't take any pictures of the back of the block when I removed the flywheel, cover, crank, or cam.

I am also wondering how to align the crank to the cam. All I got to go by is the dowel pin on the crank, and the dot on the cam. It's been so long, I can't remember if the pin was lined up with the dowel or not...all I remember was me saying to myself: "Straight up...no problem."
I even went to the Ford dealership and asked the Shop Lead there how to align it...haven't heard from him yet either...:bang

As far as the missing plug...I'm pretty sure it needs to be in there, or the oil feed to the HPOP would just spill out the back of the block...LOL

There is also a very small hole by the HPOP gear in the block. Looks to be a hole to dump a small amount of oil on the gears for lube...not sure.

Back