I guess I will reluctantly join the club

WICKEDDIESELS

SUPPORTING VENDOR
IMG_1812.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG

2005 Shop truck, used and abused. It has been a guinea pig on many occasions. I suspected it long ago, on the bright side it still had one good cylinder #1, blown head gasket between 2-3, 4-5, 5 and 6 pistons melted.

It didn't hurt the bores, looks like I got off lucky. Oh well, I have some new goodies to put in it. The automatics have the craziest tranny cooler setup, it is almost impossible to get the long lines out. I think I am going to trash the factory setup and run a remote cooler with a fan.

i was thinking about doing the same when i swap in my new motor.

I think it happened when the truck belonged to one of my customers, well part of it anyway. We were riding around in it and it started missing and white smoke was rolling out the exhaust, then it stopped. It would white smoke at start up, so he traded it in with 8k miles on it.

I bought it from the dealer where he traded it. I suspect it hung an injector open, that started it all, it always had a alot of oil smell and some blowby. I just kept running it, until it got so bad I had to park it. I have a spare engine, so I wasn't really worried about how bad it was hurt. I guess it is time to fix it back better now.:evil

ugh... scares me because my truck smells like Rotella all the time, but no blowby, I keep the EGT's low, and I'm quite happy operating in the sub-500hp range! LOL

I think water should be a requirement above 500-550hp or so :eek:

dont think you need water on any properly running cr
just my two cents

Just dont think if you got your setup right you need water. I know of lots of high HP CRs that dont use water and make big power and dont burn down.

Like i said just my two cents

dammit shane. I feel your pain.

Give us some more info to add to our ongoing log...

Max egt?
injectors? type, size.
charger size?
programming/stack?

yeah ditch that factory setup on the cooler.. its a pain in the ass to get the lines back in...lol

Just dont think if you got your setup right you need water. I know of lots of high HP CRs that dont use water and make big power and dont burn down.

Like i said just my two cents

are they early trucks? I know of lots of stock CR's that make stock power and do burn down. :(

your right devon, you dont NEED water injection...it just cant hurt anything, it can only do good..:Cheer:

No actually there are a few 05s and a couple 06s that make decent power with no water and run perfect.
I dont run water and dont see EGTs over 1450on a 1/4 mile pass.

all I was saying is there are some higher HP trucks that dont run water that dont burn down so i dont think its a mandatory thing but by all means run it if you want like it was stated before its probably not guna hurt anything.

dammit shane. I feel your pain.

Give us some more info to add to our ongoing log...

Max egt?
injectors? type, size.
charger size?
programming/stack?

Since I really don't know when it happened, info will be pretty much useless.

EGT, gauge pegged on more than one ocassion

INJECTORS, I have had 4 sets in it, from stock to 200's all were mine.

CHARGER SIZE, it has had so many on it, I can't remember them all

PROGRAMMING, Edge, Bully Dog, Van Aaaken, Smarty, MP8

here's a new one "stupid things along the way" or "oh well if it breaks, it's all in the name of more power"

Stacking 2 boxes, both with timing (before I knew better) and running water meth. Stupid high egt's, driving 2 miles with a coolant leak, stacking a C5, Smarty and an MP8 in effort to drain the rail. I am sure it has been subjected to other forgotten abuse, I am surprised it wasn't worse off. Sometimes we learn the hard way, what not to do. I think I speak well for that.

I am not complaining that mine is broken, I actually expected worse when I took it apart. If these are failing with out the kind of abuse I have placed upon mine, then one might expectidly be upset.

Back