I Have a Suggestion to Keep People Honest

RacinDuallie said:
:hehe: up at 4a.m. everyday Viv. :hehe:

Yeah, this exact topic is being discussed now, we've had the pot stirring started then some crafty edits happened before...... We're thinking of a time limit allowance for personal edits anything after a moderator will be needed to be contacted.:thankyou2:

No, it was 7 AM, I think ... my clock is off.

Thanks,
Vivian

wideopen said:
If you need an Importand Post updated any of the Mods or Tim and Myself will be happy to do it .

I'll be happy to help with the important threads...The importand threads are all Phil's....:hehe:

You may fancy yourself after the person in your avatar but the Einstein of grammar and spelling you are not lol

:hehe:
add10.gif

duke1n said:
You may fancy yourself after the person in your avatar but the Einstein of grammar and spelling you are not lol

Nope never claimed that..LOL Where is that Ban button?:rules:

BIGRPOWR said:
i made a post and then went into the archives to find the TRUTH. sorry i didnt have it when i posted. there was no directive behind editing. vivian, please dont make a big deal out of nothing. ill never say anything again objective to you or dj then you'll have nothing to cry about. there's no reason to change the rules cuz one thread didnt work out the way you wanted it to. its one thread. start another touting that turd and ill stay out of it. lol j/k

I was just surprised to see how different what I posted ... after you, seemed when you changed your post. I'm sure you would feel the same way, if your wording got misconstrued.

This forum must remain democratic and you are welcome to say whatever you please about anyone. It is your prerogative. Just be prepared to backup your comments with facts, not convenient misconceptions to support your truths.

I do not wish to argue with you or anyone else. I answered your questions frankly and I was never upset with you. Like I said, I was surprised to see how easily a response could get distorted. My suggestion is just a thought for good measure and I don't really care whether it is implemented or not.

Thanks,
Vivian

I don't have much to add except that I left a board due to not being able to edit my posts. I had two list-type posts that needed to be updated on a routine basis. They said it wasn't acceptable to edit them so I left. I'd rather have unlimited edits and unlimited post windows.

JMHO,
bnraond.

joefarmer said:
I don't have much to add except that I left a board due to not being able to edit my posts. I had two list-type posts that needed to be updated on a routine basis. They said it wasn't acceptable to edit them so I left. I'd rather have unlimited edits and unlimited post windows.

JMHO,
bnraond.

If you ever need anything changed just let me know, I have no problem editing posts for people.

nummit said:
If you ever need anything changed just let me know, I have no problem editing posts for people.

Yeah, edit my post to read:

"SURE! IT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!"

:D

You know what I think. I think the members have spoken and they really don't want to make any changes. It should be on the honor basis and I vote to leave things as they are. Should any other issues arise then ... whatever is decided. If the members don't want it changed and the member should make the decision, then let it be. Hey, I always have to edit my posts too.

Thanks,
Vivian

Abrannan19 said:
seems like a bad move. JMO

but yall are the bosses.

Let's face it, sometimes this will be an issue. A simple PM to a staff member will result in the same change that the poster would make him/herself with no edit time limit in place. What we're trying to do here is to keep information on the board. There have been times on other forums when a member will get upset and delete valuable information that can't be recovered.

We'll try it for a while, nothing is set in stone here...:)

well there is nothing wrong with a 'trial'..

I understand why this is being tested..

but it just limits a persons freedom, to a point..you know?

Also its gonna create a SH#TLOAD of more work for the already busy mods.

If I do and edit..It maybe to just go fix grammatical errors or spelling (not as much using Firefox) but there are still instances.

Also use edit to add info..Like stated above to 'add' more info to a post or rephrase for a better understanding of a post.. I do this instead of post whoring.

Like I said.. (not in an offensive tone) Y'all are the Bosses.

As a moderator on a few other sites I can say that this is a great idea. I have seen it MANY times were a member will come in and start a mess of trouble. Go as far as calling names etc. Then once the other side fires back they will edit the post so they look like the "victim". GJ guys:rules:

Back