I know I have this every where but...

Sonic_Superduty

Common RAILHER!!
Some of you 6.0 boys mite not have seen it yet,, and I have had so many people come up and tell me that there is no way your tranny is stock, or just running a tuner (SCT by dj),or on stock headstuds for that matter.... this is me at our local TUG-A-TRUCK event sat.nite right after the Lima 4-wheel jamboree at wapakoneta,ohio. I bumped her to 2nd gear,on 37`s with 456 gears and detroits... I was soo stoked to even get 3rd due to it starting to rain...and will you have I TRASHED ANOTHER RIGHT SIDE WARN LOCKOUT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFG1fOkULC0

i get asked about not having a stock turbo, stock injectors(due to the large cloud of smoke), stock trans(well, it was for a long time), only a programmer, etc, etc, etc. i just smile. when i had the ex with me i had her educated. i would just look at her and be like "what do i have?" she'd be all "it's a 2003 6.0 powerstroke with an SCT, thats it. oh, and lots of smoke." haha, it would be great to see the looks on the guys faces when she would tell them. :cheer: LOLLOL

but you know why we :ft:? because :ford:!

Garrett

with the pyro reading 1780*+ at 30-32lbs.....scared me a bit but shes doing just fine

okay... gotta ask... where's your pyro poked in at? I've seen numbers all over the board, and your's is the highest I've seen. I've been tied up in the post or pre turbo argument, and this further confuses me. By other peoples comments about temperatures and limits, you shouldn't even be running. (by the way, glad you still are!)

My large engine mechanic thinks pre turbo is just too hot and prone to extreme temperature variations, that are at best erroneous. I dunno. 1250 is supposed to be the danger point, but it would seem that depending on where the pyro is, even pre turbo, and how it's mounted, how far it reaches into the pipe are all factors in how it actually reads. So, my question/point is, exactly how accurate are these gauges, and how much faith should you have in a reading?

Obviously if you change something in the engine or tune, and the number at a normal operating point jumps up or down a couple hundred degrees something big happened...

Can you see where I'm seeing all sorts of ambiguity?

my pyro is in the left manifold,, about centered,, my guages are isspros,, it was hating me for sure though Idiling EXTREMEly rough after that pull..you as if you first start it up in the cold.... shes doing fin but I need a #5 injector..

Back