I need connector views please! (01engine in 99 truck)

0767cummins

I remember my first hx35!
I have a spare 99 truck that we put an 01 engine, pcm, ecm, harness in and it will not start. I put the 99 ecm back on it just to see what happened and it starts and idles but wont go above 1500rpms. It still has the 99 "pcm-to-ecm" harness though. According to alldata 99-02 pcm connector views are identical. Is this correct or does alldata have a problem ? Just for the heck of it I checked vins 6, 7, and C and alldata shows all 3 vins have the exact same pinouts for the pcm connectors. My brain hurts from reading wire diagrams the past 3 hours.

I have a spare 99 truck that we put an 01 engine, pcm, ecm, harness in and it will not start. I put the 99 ecm back on it just to see what happened and it starts and idles but wont go above 1500rpms. It still has the 99 "pcm-to-ecm" harness though. According to alldata 99-02 pcm connector views are identical. Is this correct or does alldata have a problem ? Just for the heck of it I checked vins 6, 7, and C and alldata shows all 3 vins have the exact same pinouts for the pcm connectors. My brain hurts from reading wire diagrams the past 3 hours.

Their identical.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back