I need help/suggestions on building an 03' 6.0 for DD and towing

MMAguy

Ok guys, I'm a cummins guy so that's my area of knowledge. i love the powerstroke trucks, i had a 7.3 but as everyone knows, it's very expensive to get any real HP from a 7.3. I have a crew cab 03 6.0 powerstroke that I use for daily driving and towing. Right now it has a chip/exhaust/intake on it. I'm switching the chip, I have no idea what kind it is but it was done in 03 or 04 so there's no way it's as good as the SCT. I will be towing a 12k LB trailer with it. My other truck is an 06' cummins with over 800 hp so I am familiar with all the different parts, I just don't know how to build a 6.0. It needs to stay reliable, I don't want to have ANY issues with it but I want to add as much power as possible for towing. Sometimes I also tow a 16k LB load. I have already added ARP head studs...So gimme some help here guys. I'm not sure what it dyno's at right now but adding another 100hp if I could would be nice...I was thinking about a turbo but wasn't sure which one. I doubt I will need a dual cp3 or anything like that. maybe 50 hp injectors? Gimme some idea;s guys...thanks

i too was a cummins guy....700hp 03.... now with a 6.0 and wanting to tow, i would say a stage II or III fuel sys, 190cc inj and a elite vgt ss would do you proud. Thats good for 500-550wrhp. You must head stud it and block the egr to make here reliable.

O loved my 2000 F350 with a 15" lift and 40" toyo MT on 22's. 7.3L are a ***** to get power out of. I miss that damn truck though...What's a stage 3 fuel system? I have head studs and the EGR already...Is the fuel system a lift pump, injection pump or?

If you stay stock injectors, turbo and fuel system, you will be able to go to any Ford dealership for parts IF you should ever have an issue with your truck.
Like mentioned before, do the complete EGR delete, CCV reroute, mod the stock fuel fittings in the heads, and get an SCT from Eric at Innovative for tunes to pull with.

Back