i need more air

Up your boost and if anything do twins, I don't think an S471 would be pleasant with any type of trailer behind it. Even just jet skis.

An s480 would go well under that 66. but you got lots of options with the fuel your pushin

Just move a little further west and you would fit right in.

I'd rather be a little slower than look like a douche bag.

An s480 would go well under that 66. but you got lots of options with the fuel your pushin

Exactly. I want to explore my options both single and twin and go from there. I have no experience with big singles and don't know how to match twins much over a 62/400 combo.

S465 with .9 AR housing spooled just like a silver bullet on my truck with 550cc's of fuel, and still came nowhere near cleaning it up.

What delivery valves are you running, and what power level are you at? You seem to be fixated on the 500cc number. It doesn't mean jack. I can blow another 60cc through mine with HFDV's and make lots of smoke. Doesn't make more power though.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

500cc is capable of 1000hp. Going off 2hp per cc.

So even a S480 underneath wouldn't be enough for 500cc.

You'd probably need a S595 to clean 500cc up.

I'd just go with a S478 or whatever chris at ED recommends and slide the plate back if needed.

Agreed. I've got way more fuel than I could ever use. Plate is set at 500cc but I can pull it back to 260cc if I want. I'm Just wondering what turbo(s) it would take to burn 500cc and if I can't do it and still drive the truck then so be it and ill dial the fuel back till I can. I want to take every advantage I can with the amount of fuel I have.

Forrest, that would require me finding bumpers, wheels, tires, suspension, redo my exhaust, get rid of the flares, just way to much involved to return it to stock height and make it look right. Besides, I like my lifted truck. LOL

Didn't I tell you last week to set it at 400cc's or find another charger.:hehe:

I had a 71mm VGT on my 98, with 450cc's of fuel, and laid down 551/1083 and still didn't clean the smoke...close, but it was still heavy.

What DV's in the pump? That makes a big difference in smoke. Full Cuts, I really don't care how much turbo you have, it won't clean up full cut's without spray. And then it takes a LOT!!!

As for a bigger single...I drove 71mm's on my DTT converter with 3.55's and 33's...it spooled OK, but I couldn't get it lit at the strip without spray. The DTT's are tight! Also, with the 35's, OD is gonna suck unless you're at 80mph with a bigger charger. At least a 71mm or similar...they just don't start moving much air until you get up to about 2200RPM. Maybe your 4 valve would be better, but I doubt it will be much better than my ported, cammed 12v.

Just giving my opinion:D
Chris

You did and I'm taking your advice and trying to find a new turbo. LOL DVs are

So basically what I'm seeing is 500cc is pretty much strip only. OK. So my next question is how much could I burn if I dropped an s480 under my 66 and could I break 600 to the wheels on fuel if I can get them to light on the dyno?

600 should be easy with those twins.

that being said, it is you, so my guess would be about 487hp with 500cc's and a 66 over 480 twinset

You did and I'm taking your advice and trying to find a new turbo. LOL DVs are

So basically what I'm seeing is 500cc is pretty much strip only. OK. So my next question is how much could I burn if I dropped an s480 under my 66 and could I break 600 to the wheels on fuel if I can get them to light on the dyno?

No, 500cc's isn't strip only, but a single 66 ain't gonna cut it. 66/480 with 500cc's should be way over 600hp...more like 800hp on any other truck...on yours, I'll say about 475;)

.020 DV's will help clear the smoke easier.

Although, the Pro 71 idea from Weston could be another way to go!

How many RPM you turning now? I might have a bottom charger for you...
Chris

I don't know what's going on with my truck but with my 62/68 13ss with race cover ED charger and 480ccs of fuel (was 480 ccs with 181s now has 131s which appear to fuel a hair harder) my whittle ole 62 is doing a fine job of clearin up almost all of the smoke at 51-52 psi max in OD. I don't know what DV is in your truck but this make a huge difference in smoke as some already stated.

30psi is what you currently see? Outside of having a sb2 head converted for cummins use (lol) I can't see that being right at all if you're tossing that much fuel at it regardless of head/cam work.

If you go with a big single with a 35" tire and tight converter coupled with 3.54 gears get yourself some kind of shifter to shift the auto manually or I think you're going to hate it based of my experience with 32" tire, 4.10 gears, and an 1800rpm stall.

Right now I'm turning about 3500rpm at the shifts and I let OD drag out to 4000 before I chicken out. Pump is good to 4000+.

And I've either got a wastegate that's gone crazy or a major boost leak I cant hear or see to only be hitting 30psi. Not sure which as it dropped as soon as I originally installed the GSK. I'm leaning toward wastegate cause once it hits 30psi it stops instantly and the truck builds boost very easily and egt's aren't high cruising around town.

Chris and TJ, yes it is me and that's why I want to burn as much of this fuel as I can. LOL

Back