I need some input.

Vinnie, the truck is in eastern ok. And my brother said the ficm checked out to 48v. So that looks good. I'm probably just going to get it and run a couple bottles of Rev x through it. May go ahead and change the ipr valve as well.

My brother said it was filled with junk when he pulled it out to clean it. Would it not be better to put a new one in then one that has had wear from crap getting into it?

actually 7015 doesn't look to terrible used to monitor parameters. went to illinois and alot of my friends use that and havent had any issues and saves them about $400

it also sucks as a tuner

I love SCT, but I "dislove" the livewire... old or new style, I've just never cared for them. Had too many issues over the years with them to be able to recommend or to want to use one personally...

it also sucks as a tuner

I love SCT, but I "dislove" the livewire... old or new style, I've just never cared for them. Had too many issues over the years with them to be able to recommend or to want to use one personally...

When H&S's started selling for what they were, I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the Livewire from Rudy's. Paid about a 1/3 of the money for it

I can't fault you. I'm just saying, given the choice, I'd rather have an X series tuner vs. a livewire.

The X3/4 is all I recommend for a 6.0, personally. Everybody has their likes/dislikes, I've just dealt with far more issues with Livewires than with the X's (as in zero with the X series)

If you have junk building up on ipr screen you need to know what it is. Magnetic junk?
SCT 3015 is the part number most use for custom tunes and it has canned tunes also.

the new X4's (PN 7015) are pretty slick. Smaller/sleeker than the X3's, and they'll display PID's. Cost increase was minimal.

I still have a few 3015 X3's kicking around and have been using them on the 6.0's I buy, but the X4 is the way to go. A few strategies had some teething issues at first, but I think everything has been sorted out for a good while.

X4 vs X3:

x4_zps289c20b7.jpg

ya personally the x4 is pretty slick to use as the gauge itself. Put one with gearhead custom tunes in a friends pickup last week since he was on a budget and couldnt afford the CTS insight as well. turned out it looked decent and functionality was good as well. All he needs is something to monitor EOT,ECT,FICMv,ICP,IPR. the X4 will get him there and tune his pickup to be alright with stock headbolts (custom tuning of course). So many different options now and i heard that SCT is coming out with shift on the fly tuning for the 6.0?

Back