I need turbo help...

Super10brss

I have been in the game for a sort time and I "know" I need to upgrade my turbo... I have a HY35 (9cm housing.?.?.).... I know it is crap... well I was thinking HX35... I read places there are 12 cm and 14 cm versions.. how do you tell the difference.?.?. What is a HX40... what year truck did they come on.?.?. and 64/19/what ever... please explain... I am a fast learner :bang

Personal experience with the HX40 is your going to get a lot of turbo bark. Friend of mine ran a 40 on his 01 forever seemed like till it over spun and tore up everything in the turbo, it was a complete pile of ****. He is now running a HX35 with what I believe is a 14cm but i cant tell either. With the 40 he pushed it to 47 psi and hit upper 900s on tq on the dyno when it went... Now the H335 spools faster, burns cleaner, and makes just as much boost. I think it hit 46 psi the other day.

But if your looking to go farther with the truck spend some money on something aftermarket. If you know where your going, start building for it.

Personal experience with the HX40 is your going to get a lot of turbo bark. Friend of mine ran a 40 on his 01 forever seemed like till it over spun and tore up everything in the turbo, it was a complete pile of ****. He is now running a HX35 with what I believe is a 14cm but i cant tell either. With the 40 he pushed it to 47 psi and hit upper 900s on tq on the dyno when it went... Now the H335 spools faster, burns cleaner, and makes just as much boost. I think it hit 46 psi the other day.

But if your looking to go farther with the truck spend some money on something aftermarket. If you know where your going, start building for it.

I would love to have a after market turbo... my wife would kill me if she knew I was even thinking about spending more money on my "money pit"... I think the HX35 would be ok for me... I am also thinking about a set of injectors... maybe 100's or 150's... my hp goal is some where in the 400's... I think with a HX35 and a set of injectors I should be there..

It would be a pretty hot 400.

I did 354 on a stock turbo and stock injectors, and it was a pretty warm 350. If you want to break 400, I'd look at a 40/35 hybrid or something similar. Doesn't run a lot of cash, and should keep the egts in check.

I put down over 400 with and hx 35 but it was hot!!!!! I would go bigger. Hx 35/40 would be a good choice in turbos

It would be a pretty hot 400.

I did 354 on a stock turbo and stock injectors, and it was a pretty warm 350. If you want to break 400, I'd look at a 40/35 hybrid or something similar. Doesn't run a lot of cash, and should keep the egts in check.

I put down over 400 with and hx 35 but it was hot!!!!! I would go bigger. Hx 35/40 would be a good choice in turbos

Ok... so how does a 35/40 work? I am pretty sure that the HX35 is a T4 same as my HY35... I have "heard" ... "seen" ... the HX40 could be a T4 could not be.?.?.

Guys... I think of my self as a pretty sharp guy... when I put my mind to something I can usually reaserch my way out and half way know what I am talking about.....

BULL... these turbo's have me snow balled!!! I have no idea....

SOOOOOooOOOooOOoo many options...

I see 62/12.. and 65/64/14... well..."the first # (62) is the diameter of the compressor wheel inducer in millimeters(I am guessing this is the cold side right.?.?.). The last # is the turbine housing size in square centimeters(I am guessing this is the hot side.?.?.). If there is a middle # (people often forget the significance of a turbine wheel) it is the turbine wheel exducer diameter in millimeters(guessing the size of the actual wheel on the cold side.?.?.)."

So what is the XX/XX/XX of a HX35? (guess here is XX/12) HY35 is XX/9 what is a HX40?

Thanks again guys... told ya I needed some schooling.... :rockwoot:

I'm getting ready to put on a HX35/40. It's 60mm (inducer) x 86mm (exducer) 6 blade.
I'll let you know how it works when i get it on.

Back