I need yalls experience with an 06

TxDiesel007

Uncommon CR problemed
Hey guys

help me help a very good friend of mine out. His father just bought an 06 F250, 6.0 with 130K miles on it. We are looking to get the most out of it mileage wise and performance wise. Nothing wild at all...

he was quoted 1000 dollars for an exhaust and intake system that would give 11 more mpgLOL We all know thats not feasible.. But in all seriousness, any and all opinions to help make this truck a better mileage miser would be appreciated..

what have you all used that actually worked? My first thought is a superchips and AFE intake.... straight pipe or exhaust, at least on my dodge werent much help with fuel mileage, 1mpg at best...

Thanks!

Rick

air intake..I would say airraid,

full exhaust ..maybe MBRP..brand really doesn't matter

and EGR block off is a wise choice for any 6.0 truck.

and a tuner would be good too. SCT custom tunes.

also check the fuel filters to make sure they are up to snuff..old clogged fuel filters will kill mileage..

check the EGR valve also..the clog pretty easily and that will affect mileage.

why will cloged fuel filters that are restricting fuel, kill milage? it never made any sense to me

Intake isn't really going to help mileage... Exhaust and a custom SCT would do wonders if he can drive it reasonably. The Bully Dog has proved really really good MPG's on an 03 6.0 we used to have...

Thanks guys!

keep the ideas rollin.. minor correction tho, Truck is an 07... But still im certain that the idea will remain the same....

SCT tunes... what do those run, what are they? and where can i get it? Im in Laredo, South texas.... Chris at relentless i assume can help.....

Why would an exhaust do wonders on a ford? where it didnt help much on the dodge.... it dont make sence....

Rick

Thanks guys!

keep the ideas rollin.. minor correction tho, Truck is an 07... But still im certain that the idea will remain the same....

SCT tunes... what do those run, what are they? and where can i get it? Im in Laredo, South texas.... Chris at relentless i assume can help.....

Why would an exhaust do wonders on a ford? where it didnt help much on the dodge.... it dont make sence....

Rick

The cat is very restrictive on the 6.0 exhaust. just removing the cat on the stock system will show a marked improvement.

I'd run an intake, straight exhaust, and as stated, a custom written SCT. The SCT is flash tuning device that can have custom files written to it and than those can be loaded onto your friend rig via the diagnostic port. Depending on the tuner you select, the tunes can go from 50-80 dollars a tune.
Intake and exhaust just open up the trucks breathing. It's hard to get anything over 1-3mpg from any mods without a solid tune going on the truck, that's where the SCT will do wonders.
I would recommend looking into Innovative Diesel tunes. I have run their tunes for as long as I've owned my truck and won't ever look back! From mild to wild, Eric writes one amazing tune, specific for your truck and parts on it!

Back