I put a stack on my truck

I got an 8 inch out of the back of mine with a sliding window with 4.10 and just got back from a 500 mile trip up through hills in PA...Hurt like Hell ...O well..hahaha

I did that trip as well with my stack on, when i went to east coast nationals in numidia, although on the way back i did manage to sleep while my brother drove my truck.

Jory is an OSU Cowpoker. Thinking isn't an issue for him!LOL

I said nothing about in needed to be loud! :D I am actually thinking about putting a 5 inch performance something (hush power, etc.) on my truck but definetly not ditchin' the stack. I love it. It kinda keeps my haze above traffic instead of in their face. And for the record, I only poke cows with a stick, not Mr. Winky. LOL I thought I'd get ahead of this game before it starts. :Cheer:

PM me with cheap muffler options if you have the laying around.

How old are all you ole fogies again? lmao

I will admit if it wasn't for having worse ground clearence with the 5" axle back I used to run i'd likely be running myself another axle back and may do it even still especially if a turbo with a 5" exhaust outlet ever finds its way on my truck.

Looks really nice man! Do you have any pictures from the side or just of your truck in general? I love white sports for some reason lately.

I will get a picture up this weekend. I need to wash my truck first. I havent had time this week and its really annoying me.

Here is a crappy picture I took with my cell. I put my stock wheels back on it for now. I hated those other wheels I had in my avatar.

IMG00173-20100917-1753.jpg

the reason you guys stacks are so loud is because they are even or below the cab line.

Mount your stacks so the bottom of the slash cut is just a couple inches above cab, and so the hole you cut in bed is just behind the brace in the floor of the bed, and it will be nice and quiet unless back window is open, and sound great when you want it to my dual 5 inch stack on my 96 were quieter then the straight stock or the 4 inch I had on. And quieter then the straight stock on my 95 project i'm working on now.

My single stack was a bit rediculous on the highway with 5" straight pipe from the 4" DP back. So the truck is going all back tofether with twins, 4" exhaust and probably a 30" FTE resonator. I want to keep stack for GC but I am over the obnoxious noise.

the reason you guys stacks are so loud is because they are even or below the cab line.

Mount your stacks so the bottom of the slash cut is just a couple inches above cab, and so the hole you cut in bed is just behind the brace in the floor of the bed, and it will be nice and quiet unless back window is open, and sound great when you want it to my dual 5 inch stack on my 96 were quieter then the straight stock or the 4 inch I had on. And quieter then the straight stock on my 95 project i'm working on now.

I cant mount mine like that if I want my truck to fit in the garage. The stack will hit the door. I need a bigger garage.

Mine are setup the same way with a 30'' no name muffler, they poke up above the cab more but they sounds good and aren't annoying while cruising.

The stereo cranked helps too! :rockwoot:

Stacks are the best mod ever. People never use to give my truck a second look. Now I get people staring all the time. Especially the ladies.

Attachments

• stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
^ hahaa thats freakin awsome. me and my friends used to joke around about doing that and writing TOXIC on the barrel

i have a single on both my trucks and i love them, I don't mind hearing my truck.

i also have stacks and 4.10's, my wife drives it daily. It's not loud at all with the windows up, with them down, yeah. She drives ALOT too.
Dunno, guess it's personal preferance thing?

smoke02 is your truck lifted or is you garage lower then normal openings?
I just ask because my 96 had 17 inch rims and stock 4x4 suspension and it fit in the garage, the tip of the stacks rubbed on the rubber seal at the top but it fit.

I have a 2 inch leveling kit on my truck. My truck does fit in the garage now. I was just saying that it wouldnt if the stack was sticking up another 4 inches or better.

Twin turbo's, and nearly any stack combo is doable. It's amazing how much the second turbo settle down the exhaust tone.

Merrick

Back