I should have built a 4x4 race truck!

Change it too hydroboost to start

I don't know much about hydroboost. Is it run off the power steering pump? Is there a universal application or is it something I just need to get off a newer model truck?

Newer model truck. 97 I believe. You are correct that it runs off the power steering pump so there is no problems with vacuum leaking down.

First find the right convertor, just loose enough to let you spool , but tight enough to not require lock up immediately ., let the convertor work.
Build a engine program that will spool on launch, and not require big boost braking. I am running a looser than stock stall converter already. My twins spool fine.

I worked extensively to get Project X diesel, the results, netting a 1.67 60’ on street drag radials.

This was with the looser of the two NADP convertor and 66 turbo, single pump, small injectors, and single stage of Progressive NX nitrous.That's great. I have had several 1.7x 60'times with this truck, but right now I just need solid rear brakes.

The secret, leave at lower boost levels, and drive in to the launch. Leaving lower , and bringing on the power , will allow the rear suspension to work. If you load up the rear suspension to the max, when you launch, the suspension is bound and not able to hit the tire, and start weight transfer.

The suspension when bound up by extreme torque braking, has nothing left to give, or drive the tire in to the track .

This leaving with out setting the tire is flat, with extreme tire spin. You can put a top fuel tire on the rear, and it the tire doesn’t set on launch, it will spin. I see your point, but I am not loading the suspension that hard. I don't spin off the line that much, that was the first run of the day, and I didn't air down as much as I should have.

With a 2 wheel drive, you need to make the rear suspension work. Working means to use the rear suspension to drive the tire in to the track, and start the transfer of weight.
The best way is to remove all of the spring leafs but two, just enough to hold up the truck. You can supplement with air bags off track. Use the long pivot Cal Tracs, use a good rear shock. My suspension is already set this way.

Once weight starts to rock back on the rear , the tires will remain stuck to the ground.
If you have al of this right , you will as the saying goes , “hooks hard and goes straight” if you fishtailing all over the place , it’s because you never initially set the tire .
This is basics of suspension.Wrong, I spun at half track and fishtailed because I oiled down the fregging track. It had nothing to do with my suspension setup.

I recommend you get the book by David Morgan I have owned it for several years...

Here is project X, I have disk brakes , for land speed racing , and still had no problem holding

PIC_0048.jpg

this pass , one of the most famous of Project X , was a 1.79 60 foot . notice We are both at the 60 foot clocks , and I'm ahead. This guy was shocked

Greg-16-1.jpg

here are some stock , and super stock elimanator trucks . these are the guys to look to , some use leaf suspension , some have gone to 4 linkI don't think these trucks are comparable to my truck. The weight bias, wheel base, engine type are completely different. Are they forced induction engines? If so, how much boost to they launch at?

superstocktruck4.jpg

this one has leaf springs , and small times , and at most 550 hpand half the weight and a gas engine...

ScreenShot001-1.jpg

superstocktruck3.jpg

superstocktruck1.jpg

I appreciate the input, but I am searching for brakes.

Back