i think its dead

backwoodsbubba8

know it all
my truck was fine and all of the sudden it looses all power i was running the 1000 tune for the adrenaline and it was set on level one.lost all power and engine light came on,no weird noises or out of ordinary. checked the lift pump to see if it went out and maybe killed my injection but its still runnin. correct me if im wrong but leaning towards turbo,maf sensor,apps,crankshaft sensor it almost acts like an intercooler boot blew off,yet i can still hear it boostingidk any other suggestions it just happened so i haven't had a chance to scan it. can any one help please

wire tap come off at pump?
wont really know till you scan it

so your running a stock lift pump? Remove the quad and run the truck next eliminate this from the issues first. What your fuel pressure?

not sure of fuel pressure and im runnin a fass fuel system,the tap is working when the truck is in park and i rev it seems fine and smokes the truck wont even smoke unless it is tapped.when i drive it nothing its like a non turbo 3 cyl diesel...wtf lol

do you have gauges? if so what did boost drop to... truck could be defueling due to overboost maybe

i dont have the defueling on and it was on the lowest setting i think it might boost to like 27 or so dont quote me on that

P0121
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Signal Volts Do Not Agree w/Idle Validation Signal

P0236
MAP Sensor Too High Too Long

P1691
Fuel Injection Pump Controller Calibration Failure

the alarm on my truck chirped all night last night and all day i opened the hood and jiggled to terminal.the alarm started goin off so i cleaned the terminal and post real good put it back together and the check engine light went off,i drove it with no problem,and no power loss. is it possible that the box lost power and and the map was reading more fuel or maybe my fass lost power for a split second and caused the truck to defuel or something i dont know. im taking it sun to have the pump pressure tested.

It is possible, but I still think you are on borrowed time with the 1691 error.

The VPs fail in a couple of ways. Some of them lose a seal and sieze, while others have the computer that sits on top of them fail.

What you are (potentially) dealing with is the latter. Some of these pumps can go for several months and hundreds or thousands of miles before they fail. Others just flat out stop working as you are driving along. I experienced the latter. No warning, no dead pedal, no codes.. Just died. You're probably experiencing the first case.. You may start to notice dead pedal, rough idle, etc.

Drive it and see what happens, but realize you are PROBABLY losing your VP. Start making your plans to replace it, and hopefully it doesn't leave you high and dry somewhere out of town and out of luck.

Keep an eye out for the codes to come back cuz you probably reset ur computer when you were cleaning the terminals and thats why the check light wasnt on after the fact

Back