I want shop pictures..

I'll get some pics of my new shop next week after we settle in a little. We went from 3.8 acres to 4.5 acres. And from one building to three buildings. And each of the three buildings is bigger than our old building, lol.

And the best part is it's 100% paid for. :D

Started on my 40x60x14 this weekend.

Friday picked up all the steel and 2x6x10' along with trusses getting deliverd. Rented a bobcat. Saturday morning the 3 of us got rocking and rolling. By the end of the day we had drilled 20 24" holes 7ft down and got both 60ft wall post in the ground squared up and back filled.
Sunday we finshed the 40ft walls cleaned up and back filled.

4k worth of footings in the bed and another 4k in steel on the trailer. Good thing I only had a mile to go.

Nice start. Wouldn't it been a lot cheaper to have a truck come fill the bottoms of the holes instead of 4k dollars of footings?

Last edited:
How tall would I need to go on my building to have a nice second level inside with fairly average ceilings heights

I went 20' at the eves. I wanted both stories full height and didn't want to do a bunch of angled sheet rock work.

20' eve is the min unless you want slanted or lower ceilings on either floor.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01510.jpg
    DSC01510.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
That's what I was thinking. I'm doing a 60x40 want half of it to be the shop with high ceilings for my lift then the oother half all living quarters. I'm pouring footings now and doing a 3 foot foundation around the outside and setting the upright poles on the wall the treated lumber will last forever on top of the wall. When the poles get put in the ground they usually have a shorter life span from the weather

All mine came from Menards, but I told them exactly what I want by doing this I saved 4,000$ pm the building.

I.E I walked in and told mr man behind the counter I want x 2x6x10' 24 peices of steel this length, etc.

I just bought a house on 1.5 acres and I want to build a shop. Im going to have to clear some land first but I have friends that do that for a living.

Anyone build one of the metal buildings in FL? I really want one that is about 30x40x14 but Im not sure that will happen right away might have to do a smaller shop first so I can get rid of my 50x50x16 I rent now. I'd like a/c because my shop right now is an oven which the smaller size will make much easier.

I am going to have to get pictures up of the garage that I just bought. Not that big, 2.5 car, but it is heated and air conditioned and the 1.5 car is separated by a wall from the 1 car because the 1.5 car has a paint booth built into it. Going to have to put up a larger building to put everything under roof, but for now it will work.

Last spring we built a 60x128x20 shop. With a 30x128 lean to on on the side. Love it so far. I have a few pictures from when it was being built. But can't figure out why I can't put pics on here with tapatalk pro

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

finally got my 10 x 12 roll up door installed. now to finish the metal on the front around the door and when I fire up the woodstove it may actually stay a bit warm.

Attachments

• 2014-11-22_21-26-40_35.jpg
    2014-11-22_21-26-40_35.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
My god! I don't know what I'd do with all that room.

Fill it with junk like most people LOL

I swear I thought I built a plenty big enough shop but once I put shelving and tools in it quickly shrank. Now I want bigger after only 6 months.

Fill it with junk like most people LOL

I swear I thought I built a plenty big enough shop but once I put shelving and tools in it quickly shrank. Now I want bigger after only 6 months.

My god! I don't know what I'd do with all that room.
It is amazing how quickly one can fill up. We built it as a shop, so we are trying to not fill it up with things that just need stored. Very hard to do. But we did take the back corner of it (28x50) and make it a separate room.

this is my house and the garage now is 25x25x10. i need your guy's opinions on what to do here. im wanting to add on to the garage and i would like to keep it attatched because it will help keep it heated even when im not heating it. right now the garage never gets under 45 when its 0 here which i like,and it heats up quick to. im wanting to add on atleast another 25x30x? for a lift but im just having a hard time figuring out my best way to do it,i almost wonder if im not better off building a seperate pole barn building but id really like to keep it attatched.whats your guy's opinions?

Last edited:
Back