ID a turbo for me

03dodgeoffroad

ok i was bored today so i went to the junk yard looking around i found 2 semi trucks one had a 855cuin cummins what turbo come on these and then number two had a dietroit and i think it is a k31 but i am not sure they said i could get them for 125 each and if i bought one they said i could have the air horn setup so is this a good deal ??

out c25? I didn't realize they had big rigs around here. Never been to Marks. and no, I don't want the turbo if that's why you're beeing secretive.

i was just messing no its not the one on c25 its called A to Z auto salvage and it on 95th st right before you get into belleview i was suprised they had alot of cool stuff

Sounds like a coupla old monsters...thinking about twins?

that the thing there not that old but yes i was thinking cheap twins or if it is a k31 i can get a different exhaust housing and run it as a single

The Cummins shows the Holset HT3B, BHT3B & 4LHR turbos.
One spec for the HT3B shows 73.5mm/109mm compressor inducer/exducer, 97mm/86.4mm turbine inducer/exducer but no housing info.

hmm...that's one I'll have to check out...right by the recycling place...I've been meaning to get in there.

ok i went back today and the one on the cummins was a ht3b i brought tools to take off some stuff to see the tag still dont know what was on the detroit but the compressor housing had schwithzer and 066L in raised letters and there was another cummins that was in a cab over and the engine and turbo were HUGE the turbo looked about twice the size of the ht3b

Oh man, should have called me, would've had came up and poked around with ya.

oh and i should have grabbed the airhorns yesterday because the lady had no idea and the owner wants 50 for them now

Back