ID these Cam Plates

VMacKenzie

I have these cam plates kicking around and not sure what's what.

I think the one on the middle is a #10, the other two I have no idea. . .

Attachments

• VMac Cam Plates2.jpg
    VMac Cam Plates2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
allplateprofiles-1.jpg

I didn't know anyone bothered with anything other than a 0... LOL

I didn't know anyone bothered with anything other than a 0... LOL

or......"whats a fuel plate?" "oh......you mean that thing i threw in the glove box as soon as i brought the truck home?"

All three are the paper weight editions
lmao shortbusdriver :hehe:

I've had these cam plates kicking around for awhile but other than the 10 didn't know what they were. On a 180 pump none are going to make that much power. I had the one on the right in it and it didn't do much. . .no surprise being it's a 12.

The thing I'm going after is I want good midrange fueling, not a bunch at the bottom or top. With the GSK in and 300 injectors overall power was OK but most of the power was at the high end and got real smoky. . . I want to move the power band down about 500-700 RPM.

I put DDP 75hp injectors in today with the stock fuel plate most of the way forward. . . I like its fueling curve a lot better but want more fuel across the board.

What do you guys think about a #6 plate for a '98 auto. . . I'm not going for major fueling just enough power to have fun. #5 looks like too much. Thinking about getting one off ebay if you think they're any good.

lmao shortbusdriver :hehe:

I've had these cam plates kicking around for awhile but other than the 10 didn't know what they were. On a 180 pump none are going to make that much power. I had the one on the right in it and it didn't do much. . .no surprise being it's a 12.

The thing I'm going after is I want good midrange fueling, not a bunch at the bottom or top. With the GSK in and 300 injectors overall power was OK but most of the power was at the high end and got real smoky. . . I want to move the power band down about 500-700 RPM.

I put DDP 75hp injectors in today with the stock fuel plate most of the way forward. . . I like its fueling curve a lot better but want more fuel across the board.

What do you guys think about a #6 plate for a '98 auto. . . I'm not going for major fueling just enough power to have fun. #5 looks like too much. Thinking about getting one off ebay if you think they're any good.

Chuck em all out and give the starwheel a few cranks.... there's your fuel down low. you're not going to move the curve down as much as you want to with a plate in.

then grind the barrel on the afc arm, and the lip off the diaphragm washer. if some is good then more is better!

Back