IDI perf. injectors

Injectors are not a restriction to performance on IDI engines. They're good to over 110hp/cylinder.

we installed mercedes nozzles on the VW bodies, and they suck.... I was gonna go back to new set of VW injectors and just wondered where a good place to buy them was, and if anyone was workin the nozzles or......

Thats because the VW prechamber does not have an atomizing ball. The MB nozzles will destroy your engine, change them asap.
Ball is also missing on Bmw chamber but still MB nozzles work fine.

Do you ever seen Bmw nozzle and Mb nozzle side by side?

Have you ever TESTED them side by side? The prechamber is very small, even a small change in the spray pattern has a big effect.

BMW and VW have a swirl chamber. Air flows with little restriction into the chamber, the injector does all the atomizing.
Mercedes uses a true precombustion chamber. The injector sprays a straight stream and collision with the glowing hot ball inside the prechamber does the atomization. Combined with the airflow being very restricted in and out the prechamber effectively becomes a big injector.

The only reason MB injectors work at all in VW/BMW is the stream hitting the prechamber wall instead of a ball. Atomization is nowhere near as good and it creates a hotspot on the cylinder head/cup. Pull the cup out of a VW/BMW thats had MB nozzles in it and I bet you'll find heat cracks or even melting.

The best injector I found was just a good Bosio/ Bosch tip meant for the car.

I bought some that had a much larger tip, found them through the shop I use for all my injector needs. We sat down went through the listings and ended up with some nozzles out of a CASE backhoe.
Well they flowed like no other and the damn car had amazing power but it wasn't any good to drive around as a daily. 0-60 was fun for sure.
Actually received a "Smoke" ticket in my 90 VW Jetta because of those tips.

Ended up back to what is referred to as the GTD tip out of the Euro 1.6td.

They worked the best by far.

Back