IDM resistor mod

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
I was looking at some things on ford truck enthusiasts and saw a thread where guys are mod'ing there IDM's resistor for there injector firing from 100V,110V, or 120V to a 140V to make the injectors fire faster... anyone else tried this out?:woohoo:

I have never done it my self, but I am running one that swamps modded for me. it has the high voltage resistor mod and another mod that make it put out a higher frequency.

Was it a noticable differance when you switched with the Swamps IDM? I've been looking in to sending mine in to get one of there modded ones just wondering if its worth the money?

We did this at my local shop, and then we tested it and it did change it to 137.5 V to the injectors... and sometimes it does start quicker... wont know till march when the drags open to see if there was a big difference :kick:

Was it a noticable differance when you switched with the Swamps IDM? I've been looking in to sending mine in to get one of there modded ones just wondering if its worth the money?

I changed to much stuff at the same time, so I cant say one way or the other.

looks like im gettin injectors before the first drag race again, so i might not know exactly..

I had an extra IDM from my superduty and gave it to a guy with a OBS truck and he said it made a big difference

I may have to pull the one out of my pulling truck and throw it in my tow rig and see what it dose out of curiosity

FWIW I loaned the swamps Idm out of my pulling truck to a buddy lask week to try in his 02, he said he could tell a noticeable difference with and with out the chip. I ended up selling him the one out of my truck and ordered a new one he liked it so much.

Back