ignition problems help!!!

chuggins10

i got my truck back together friday night an got it going i drove it around the neighborhood several times and brought it home and parked it. the stud on back of the alternator so i unhooked the battery and hooked the wire back up to the stud tightened it down and then hooked the battery up and i heard a quiet pop an now it wont turn over....i have checked all of my fuses relays and everything i can think of... does anybody have any idea what it could be does the ignition run through the alternator in any way??

i have checked all the fuses in the box under hood an side of dash and they were all good the 120 amp an everything...which fuse is a maxi fuse

I think he is meaning the main fuse in the box under the hood, the bigger fuses. The 120 amp one. Have you checked out the starter relay??

Try running a jumper wire from the battery to the postive stud on the fuse panel under the hood. I know there is fusible links on some of those wires, but I can't remember if it's on the main feed to the fuse box.

Back