IH 806 or IH 560

Whats the deal with the grill? And the side plate, could just be the picture.

Posted while playing HALO 4

On the 806? All the black lettering is worn away on both sideplates, doesn't look like they did a thing with those when they repainted it. Or maybe they thought they looked better "natural."

And like I said, I don't know these tractors, so what am I not seeing on the grill?

They used that to strip weight off the 806?

Put a stock grill back on the 806 and run it. Those firestones are way better than what is on the 560.

Lol... How about that...

Although, that one you just posted has different fenders, and no weight rack. Did the grill ever change on these?

I don't believe so, and imo it looks damn sexy with square fenders.

Posted while playing HALO 4

Yeah, there's a square fendered 674 for sale right down the road from me. I really like it, but the dude won't ever answer his phone.

I was told the 560 is basically an M rear end with a lot more power in front of it. Shouldn't it be a torque amplifier also?

They used that to strip weight off the 806?

Put a stock grill back on the 806 and run it. Those firestones are way better than what is on the 560.

I don't know about that. I have then tires on a 4020 and they dig good and wear good. I like them.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The 806 is a very good tractor. The backend is very strong, will handle way more power than what the engine puts out.. the 5 is a little closer to its limit IMO

I was told the 560 is basically an M rear end with a lot more power in front of it. Shouldn't it be a torque amplifier also?

This is exactly right, I have had both rear ends apart. The 560 is past its limits when performing heavy tillage, but if its had the updates then the bushhog work should be fine (some tillage will not hurt the tractor either you just don't want to plow 200 acres every year). The 560 diesels are also known to be very hard to start.

The 806 is probably one of the best IH's built, the engine is great and the rearend will take a beating. However the cost of rebuilding the engine is very expensive if that is a concern. If you will be hauling the tractor any you will have to remember the 806 is alot heavier tractor also, but that could also be an advantage depending on how your terrain is

Parts are also very avaliable for both of these tractors, and both should work good in what you are describing.

Buy the 806 my dad put 10,000 hours on one with a turbo kit pushing 130hp without any problems. They are known to be a awsome tractor. Grandpa even had it up to 150hp for a while until dad turned it down because of overheating

Well, I think y'all have convinced me.

I was doin some reading elsewhere and I guess all the hot farm pullers like the 806 rear end too. Not that I'll be doin any of that, but I'm after the tractor that's least likely to give me problems.

Back