Im pretty impressed for what it is.

Ok, took a closer look at the pic. and I gathered that SPOILER guards are what we're discussing here. And I certainly don't blame Whitetiny.3500 for leaving them on. I'd probably go as far as to make decent looking permanent guards for it. Of course this is coming from a Pennsylvanian. We don't have roads here; it's just one giant pothole.

Ok, took a closer look at the pic. and I gathered that SPOILER guards are what we're discussing here. And I certainly don't blame Whitetiny.3500 for leaving them on. I'd probably go as far as to make decent looking permanent guards for it. Of course this is coming from a Pennsylvanian. We don't have roads here; it's just one giant pothole.

If you leave them on the phuck up the chin spoiler anyway. They were meant for transportation to dealers, not to drive around on. Plus they look absolutely phucking stupid.

Its plastic and easily replaceable.
d86de6c1c1b7ae8ca0f7f0550a21f1e1.jpg
94d7de9830de2566a5f9d610382e3960.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure how they look better than a scuffed splitter to anyone. You'd have to lay down in front of the car to even notice.

No way it hits more than the lowered TA's I owned or my boys slammed z06.

Funny story from a buddy at the dealer. Said people in older, beat to shet chargers were coming in and asking where to buy "the yellow things the new cars got" lol

If you leave them on the phuck up the chin spoiler anyway. They were meant for transportation to dealers, not to drive around on. Plus they look absolutely phucking stupid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I hate the look of it, my wife differs on opinion.... and she drives it more so it'll be a fun day when I replace them. I personally can get in and out of the drive ok at a stupid angle entry/exit, but she is otherwise unable.

Found this and I'm liking it so far and thinking of doing it.

https://www.scrapearmor.com/products/dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-2017?variant=44579611655&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh8jrBRDQARIsAH7BsXcVLDsqjwTAex7zXaTqclVmqTfPpW2uibCHNbZ43V6J7IMfnpjaKWAaAlyREALw_wcB#

Screenshot-20190906-075410-Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure how they look better than a scuffed splitter to anyone. You'd have to lay down in front of the car to even notice.

No way it hits more than the lowered TA's I owned or my boys slammed z06.

Funny story from a buddy at the dealer. Said people in older, beat to shet chargers were coming in and asking where to buy "the yellow things the new cars got" lol
Exactly. Should have posted this pic for reference.

For Corvettes they make wheel casters that will bolt on to the frame and carry the load instead of scraping. Not sure if that Mopar boat has a frame strong enough for that or not.
$450, I'd rather replace the thing a couple times. Once mid life, and before trade in.
a5e37e934697845c2d5add902914e8d2.jpg

Exactly. Should have posted this pic for reference.

For Corvettes they make wheel casters that will bolt on to the frame and carry the load instead of scraping. Not sure if that Mopar boat has a frame strong enough for that or not.
$450, I'd rather replace the thing a couple times. Once mid life, and before trade in.
a5e37e934697845c2d5add902914e8d2.jpg

Thoughts on C8?

Thoughts on C8?
For looks, need to see one in person. Pretty damn good performance numbers though for $65k. I think the Z06 or ZR1 or Zora or whatever they call it is going to have some batteries up front, and will operate similar to the Porsche 918 hybrid system.

I wouldn't buy a base model, it'll be marked up to the moon when they come out and depreciate really fast once the wide body comes out, especially based on projected production numbers.

Hate the Camaro-esq exhaust, saw a photoshopped picture on the gram with center exit exhaust and it looks so much better. I'm guessing the reason it isn't center exit is for simplicity of placing turbos for maybe the Z06, and the ZR1 would get a battery addition as well as turbos for a combined hp of ~800.

No idea, just speculation.
1bc234abe1733cca15a3102f0b07003d.jpg

Last edited:
For looks, need to see one in person. Pretty damn good performance numbers though for $65k. I think the Z06 or ZR1 or Zora or whatever they call it is going to have some batteries up front, and will operate similar to the Porsche 918 hybrid system.

I wouldn't buy a base model, it'll be marked up to the moon when they come out and depreciate really fast once the wide body comes out, especially based on projected production numbers.

Hate the Camaro-esq exhaust, saw a photoshopped picture on the gram with center exit exhaust and it looks so much better. I'm guessing the reason it isn't center exit is for simplicity of placing turbos for maybe the Z06, and the ZR1 would get a battery addition as well as turbos for a combined hp of ~800.

No idea, just speculation.
1bc234abe1733cca15a3102f0b07003d.jpg

Yeah the day after they were announced I called my buddy who works for Chevy and reserved and built one with the sport pack that was grey with carbon accents and lime green calipers..... then reality hit me that I have kids and actually need a back seat. Order hasn't been cancelled, and depending on life may still get it. I agree the production #s are huge and they'll be everywhere. Also pretty solid doing 11.2 in the 1/4 at 0-60 in 2.9 for the sport package.

I think a ZR1 version will be ridiculous and I'm still impressed Hennessy did this with not a ton of mods to the current ZR1.

http://hennesseyperformance.com/8-97-156-mph-2019-zr1-corvette-14-mile/

The average vette owner would call me retarded, but at $60k+ I'm still just a big ole sucker for a white c6 ZR1.

Local guy ordered a c8. Not real tight with the guy, but he's on the local racing forum and bought a vacation rental from me last year. Hoping to catch a ride in it when his arrives.

Vette homecoming was last week, now LS fest. I saw six C8's on the way home yesterday.

I'm not a huge fan, only because it seems to have so many styling ques from the aventador that it bothers me.

I'm either going to LS fest or Nashville Cars'n'coffee, and could probably get some close up, un- doctored photos.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

Vette homecoming was last week, now LS fest. I saw six C8's on the way home yesterday.

I'm not a huge fan, only because it seems to have so many styling ques from the aventador that it bothers me.

I'm either going to LS fest or Nashville Cars'n'coffee, and could probably get some close up, un- doctored photos.

I can see the similarities. Ironically both share nearly identical performance figures.

I forgot you're right in the heart of it all.
I dont think I'll care for the C8 base. I didnt care for the C7 base either before the Z's were released.

Blackmega you should throw a 150 dry kit and DRs on that thing and see what happens at the track. Just buy a spare intake tube in case it blows up.

So after some hunting on info on the greatest invention brought courtesy of Al Gore (World wide web) I have come to the understanding my Hellcat has ****ty factory rear tires, and can run a mid 10s all day with factory power by swapping on street/drag radials. This comes at an increased risk of blowing up the driveshaft which is apparently common when swapping for better tires.

With that said anyone know of a good aftermarket driveshaft manufacturer? Sure there's stuff out there, but I don't know nor care to research for who does xyz.... Any positive input is welcomed!

So after some hunting on info on the greatest invention brought courtesy of Al Gore (World wide web) I have come to the understanding my Hellcat has ****ty factory rear tires, and can run a mid 10s all day with factory power by swapping on street/drag radials. This comes at an increased risk of blowing up the driveshaft which is apparently common when swapping for better tires.

With that said anyone know of a good aftermarket driveshaft manufacturer? Sure there's stuff out there, but I don't know nor care to research for who does xyz.... Any positive input is welcomed!

So do you use 50 or 100 dollar bills instead of charmin?

Back