I'm starting to pull my hair out here.

dieselhead117

Up and Coming
Alright I have been battling this since I p pumped my truck.
my driveability has suffered in one aspect. When my truck is in fifth gear, at any sort of rpm under 1950, when throttle is applied the truck shakes like a mutherfuker. It feels like the truck is going to fall apart. anything above 2k feels like normal. All of my other gears are alright and smooth. I've had my drivetrain and fifth gear checked out fine. I've changed back to stock injectors. Truck runs well It does idle a bit rough but as soon as rpm comes up it's all smooth. I am to the point at which I am thinking the only possible thing it can be is timing otherwise I am lost. What do y'all think? Should I screw with timing? or something else.
Truck has 4ks in it. 160 pump fed with airdog 150 at 40 psi.

Sounds like a governor problem cause mine is butter smooth from idle to 4k.

Pump has not been benched. so how should I start screwing with the governor springs? Start by tightening?

what IS you timing set at? what size lines/injectors/mods do you have?

Start with backing down the timing and adjusting govenor springs. A number of things could cause it, bad injectors, govenor problems etc. Does it sound like it has a skip when you run the truck through the rpms at idle?

What delivery valves do you have in it? It might be a combination of the delivery valves and injectors.

Here's an update. Stick injectors and dvs. .093 lines and tubes timing at 18.5 Took my 4ks out put stockers in runs the same. Put 4ks back in looser idles at a better rpm but still same problems. Should I loosen them more?

Last edited:
I have stock tubes but when I had them in, it ran the same. Haven't tried stock lines because I don't know anybody with a set.

Back