In bed weight bracket

Burningtire

Just looking to see some pics on how you guys mount your suitcase weights in the bed. Looking to make something new up for my truck. Thanks!

If I could I would. I got a idea of what I wanna build but just looking for ideas.

I put a lot of thought into this when I had my street truck....

I was going to make a weight hanger that was as wide as the frame rails. At the four front points where the box bolts to the frame I was going to drill holes in the floor and run bolts down through box to the frame mounts. I was going to build two L shaped stands out of 1-1/2" or 2" square tubing with gussets. These L brackets would bolt through the floor to the frame rails. Then I was going to put a piece of 3/8"x4" bar stock between the two L shaped brackets and a piece of bar stock along the floor between the two brackets for more structure. I was then going to get all the weight I could on the brackets perfectly centered in the middle of the truck then weld stops to keep the weights from sliding side to side.

The only problem you'll run into is if you have a stack through the bed. My stack was between the frame rails and a good 2-3" from the front of the box so my bracket and weights would have fit. I had an extended cab, dually with an NV5600 and could have added around 1200 to 1400 lbs, so it was going to have to be a pretty rugged weight bracket.

For suitcase weights I used a piece of 4x4 angle iron welded to the top of two "T"s made of tube steel upright and C channel base. Slid to the front of the box and hung the weights toward the box, so they were as far forward as they could go.

I was under 6000lbs in the sleeper truck so I was hanging almost 2000lbs in the bed. Built it out of random steel pulled from the scrap pile. Put the long C channel over the frame rails for the main support. Bolted the weights together through the back brace to keep them from moving around. 242lbs each.

SANY0293_zps4pvsk48t.jpg

Thanks for the ideas guys. Used to have a piece of 4" c channel just going across top of the bed rails. Worked good for awhile but dented the bed. Gonna make something that will sit nice and low and be able to remove it if needed.

Those Versatile Genesis weights are some heavy suckers.

Doesn't take many to add up on it.

Chris

I was under 6000lbs in the sleeper truck so I was hanging almost 2000lbs in the bed. Built it out of random steel pulled from the scrap pile. Put the long C channel over the frame rails for the main support. Bolted the weights together through the back brace to keep them from moving around. 242lbs each.

SANY0293_zps4pvsk48t.jpg

Those Versatile Genesis weights are some heavy suckers.

Doesn't take many to add up on it.

Chris

220lbs if I remember correctly..... Must have ate a Man Sandwich before you hung those!!!!

Like I said they are 242lbs a piece. Off a New Holland 8970. I put them in 4 at a time with a skid loader. They weigh 60lbs more then me and I am a *****.

Same truck. Newer topper now. Old one fell off one too many times. No weights during dirt drags.

Old pic
1380354_10101714115238318_1213867129_n_zps2nqvcpav.jpg

Holy **** I have to check that truck out! Not sure where Mayville is or where you pull but I'm at the southern part of WI

Back