In Cab Pulling Video Carlisle, KY B.O.B. 9-4-10

Sweet! Those of us that can't afford to play truly enjoy the in-cab videos:)

is there a reason why you were constantly steering hard left and then hard right all the way down the track. I've always pointed the truck straight ahead and never turned the wheel when pulling. every once in a while i seen someone doing this. I dont' know if they think they're gonna get better traction by doing this, but just wondering.

why do you rev it to like 4k then let it fall back down then bring the rpms back up a little slower??

why do you rev it to like 4k then let it fall back down then bring the rpms back up a little slower??

Looks like he's checking to see if the redline is working correctly.

Very nice video man. Did you put the camera in anyone elses truck?

is there a reason why you were constantly steering hard left and then hard right all the way down the track. I've always pointed the truck straight ahead and never turned the wheel when pulling. every once in a while i seen someone doing this. I dont' know if they think they're gonna get better traction by doing this, but just wondering.

Ive always wondered the same thing.

Steering

Most people are tards and think it helps...however in Rodneys situation he is have some issues with truck bouncing and if he steers it like such starting out it eliminates his hopping issue...not really a solution but more of a temporary fix untill he can get to the bottom of the issue...

Looks like he's checking to see if the redline is working correctly.

Very nice video man. Did you put the camera in anyone elses truck?
Bingo, redline check. I probably could get away without it but no longer than it takes, why not? I've got a couple vids of Josh Land "TeddyBear" on here, Chris Johnson, & one of Clint Corwin.
That would be my guess also....those things aren't the most reliable piece of equipment. :doh:
The other one I have used to give me troubles every now and again so I'd rev to do a check. With this one I (knock on wood) haven't had any troubles out of it. It has been the most reliable thing electronic wise that's been in the truck since '03. Some are, some aren't. I love them for pulling though.
Most people are tards and think it helps...however in Rodneys situation he is have some issues with truck bouncing and if he steers it like such starting out it eliminates his hopping issue...not really a solution but more of a temporary fix untill he can get to the bottom of the issue...
Hit the nail on the head. I don't like watching other people do it and it flat kills me that I have to but for some reason, with as many other small issues that I've been having and no more than I've gotten to hook this year, its much easier to try to steer out of the bounce right now than actually find a full proof solution. Only thing is, this time I couldn't tell for sure when the clutch was going to engage fully so I did it a lot longer than usual. I'm either gonna have to figure something out quick or go back to some tires with less tread in the back to possibly help relieve some of what I think's going on right now.

For more vids search "cummins4408" on YouTube.

Good video... You need to get a few more clips of Busy Hands... haha
Bryan

Did you mount a regular video camera or is it something special?

Regular camera. Its very primitive as "TeddyBear" on here can tell you. I've video'd him and a few others.

Back