In Cab Pulling Video Cynthiana, KY 7-16-10 - Josh "TeddyBear" Land in The Crippler

Nice run... he sure is busy with his hands.. Good job..

I'm guessing that's a gasser tach?? but it sure sounds like its turning more rpms than what its showing...
Bryan

Nice run... he sure is busy with his hands.. Good job..

I'm guessing that's a gasser tach?? but it sure sounds like its turning more rpms than what its showing...
Bryan

Yeah its a gasser tach...yeah it turn's some R's...yup busy hands! LOL

Not that I have seen many in-cab pulling video's but seems like that thing was damn quick down the track.

Not that I have seen many in-cab pulling video's but seems like that thing was damn quick down the track.

You've only got a 15 second ride, and only one shot to do it right...still more fun an 8 second ride! LOL

Thanks for the video Rodney! Yeah I wish I could grow an extra arm whenever I go pullin LOL. Its a lot nicer now that I have the ratchet shifter though.

I bet the colum shifter was tuff.. Is that your Brake on the left hand. steering/throttle with the right.. and then back to shifting with your left?? A friend had something like that setup on his.. (not a puller.)

Brake is in the left hand, and steering and throttle is on the right. Once the turbo is up I let off the brake, go full throttle and quickly take control of the throttle/steering while I use my right hand to lock the converter and shift into 3rd. At the end of the pull I take my right hand and turn off the converter lockup switch.

I'll try to remember to get the other video up tonight from the stands.

So at the end all you did was unlock the converter? It sounded like you downshifted. But maybe it makes that big of a difference with the converter you have?

I'm sure his converter is around 26-2800 stall so it would be a big jump in rpms unlocking on a tight track in 3rd gear. Cool videos and nice truck!

WesB is right. I actually geared down to 2nd, rather than unlocking the coverter as usual. Its the first time I've really tried it. It helped me gain several feet, but its hard on parts. I knew I was playing with fire. The next night when I tried to do the same and as soon as I geared down to 2nd I busted the rear ring and pinion :doh: I was running 4.88s but decided to try out a set of 5.13s. Ordered a set for the front and rear today from Haisley. I wasn't really planning on making a gear change, but since the rear is broken and the 4.88s are so much more expensive than any othe ratio, I decided I'd try a different set.

Looking forward to seeing what the extra rpm will do for you.

Wouldn't a regular Monarch style hand control work better maybe?

Just thinking out loud.. but wouldn't it be hard to shift??

Need a hand throttle, with a paddle (or button) shifter on the throttle arm.. I guess Paddles on the Monarch style would work???? (some type of air shifter.)

Wouldn't a regular Monarch style hand control work better maybe?

It would be better, but since I have to depress the brake extremely hard, the handle goes down so far that my knee is in the way if I try to give it throttle. The current method is working extremely well for me. Its a bit complicated but I've hooked probably 150 or 175 times doing it this way so I am pretty adjusted by now LOL The recent addition of the ratchet shifter has made it 100 times less complicated.

JDGnut - I had thought about a similar setup. Have a hand throttle with two buttons on it. One to lock the converter and the other to shift. That setup would be the ultimate but would take a little bit of thinking and fabrication. I'm extremely pleased with my setup for now though.

Back