In dash nav stereos

I stopped and started to ask questions today. I kind of found out they all are great. As I narrowed down what I primarily wanted for, navigation, found that Kenwood was the best for that due to the Garmin partnership. I know I like the nave in the Ford's (microsoft) and I also like the navi in the wife's Nissan of which I have no idea what it is. So is there any Microsoft navi radios? If not I am probaly going with a Kenwood DNX6180. I learned about the speed also and Kenwood is noticably slower, but how much do you really notice it?

Laggy...not at all! This has signal faster than my portable gps unit. The Sirius radio works perfectly as well. The toch screen is the same mfg as almost every other tablet and phone these days. It works all as it should, i would definatly buy again. FYI it is also very user friendly, garmin screen is the same as the portable and all icons are large.
I will post up some pics later.

Please post pict's and any hurdles you had installing it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z130BT

This is the one that i have and you are going to have to trim it, not too terribly much but just be prepared for it. I cant remember if there was anything else really to it or not.

I know that the one I have is more than you want. Ive got the bluetooth on it, ipod connection, av cord, satellite radio and it has gps and plays movies.

Thank you! The step down from it also looks like it would be what I want though.

i forgot to take a few shots today. All this laggy slow talk confuses me. I cant type any faster on it, as soon as i select "GO" or a feature as in "TUNER" or what ever your doing...its there. the DNX6180 is the middle of the road for the DNX series. you could save some and go a model down. They take off features like bluetooth, rear camera, and so on.
I think Ford vehicles uses MOTIVE, they are on Ebay as well. Look nice, but who, what, are they i have no clue.

here ya go, if anyone wants to see something specific let me know. It has an icon menu that you scroll through like any touch phone or tablet. just put your finger on there and slide to the next. You go through an initial touch sensitivity test when you first set it up. it works flawless.
IMG-20111113-00629.jpg

IMG-20111113-00627.jpg

photobucket is acting up... if the main menu is not available i'll try it again later

Last edited:
nope, in this model it is updatable throught the usb port. In the next model up you have a sd card

Do you have any pict's farther back? How much was trimmed on the dash to get it to fit? I am assuming you have it in your truck. Because of the navi I am probally going with Kenwood. (85%) That and I have had good luck with Kenwood in the past.

i can load a pic this week some time. You don't have to trim anything, you do have to have the oem nav dash bezel. I bought it from steve white motors in Hickory, NC. They are sponsors on CF i know...maybe on here too. They are about the cheapest for oem add on's.

I just dropped the order for a Kendwood dnx6180. I got the dash kit, wiring harness, Ipod cable, and Sirius kit. Do I need anything else? It's for the truck in my sig.

Last edited:
I don't know if they still have it or not, but when I had mine there was a wire you had to splice for the tv to work while it was in gear. Do some searching now and get that figured out so when you do the install you have it figured out. No, I didn't watch a movie and drive, but it kept others in the truck entertained while on trips.

Yes it does, my installer charged me $20 to instal the wire with a relay so i can do the same. Other wise it is hooked up to your e-brake cable and you have to press the e-brake to watch.

Yes it does, my installer charged me $20 to instal the wire with a relay so i can do the same. Other wise it is hooked up to your e-brake cable and you have to press the e-brake to watch.

Did you have it installed at a chain store or small independent shop?

Huh! No chit! So all you have to do is supply power to the e brake wire?

Back