In desperate need of a 3.5" mild steel donut....

I'm pretty sure deez is out too. They all get them from over seas. I spoke with them last week. However I was looking for a 4in. Ended up ordering one on ebay. The Australian one too. They told me about 6 days on delivery.
Hopefully they have one for you. Nice people.

Mig welders work just fine on stainless and aluminized. Why so picky?

The other option is to pie cut and stack to a tight 90* bend.

Mig welders work just fine on stainless and aluminized. Why so picky?

The other option is to pie cut and stack to a tight 90* bend.

Because you don't have to buy a spool gun for aluminum and you won't have to buy a whole roll of wire for one weld. With a TIG you can just get a rod or two, much cheaper if you have the welder already.

Yeah I only have a MIG welder, and if you have seen my welds...well....I really don't want them out in front of the engine staring everyone right in the face...I'd rather have descent welds, and give the other guy the credit.

Bponci called me last night, and found enough left over for me to use.
He is going to ship it out to me for the cost of the shipping.

I tell ya, people like him are getting harder and harder to find these days...I greatly appreciate his efforts, and will gladly pay him a little "extra" for his kindness.

Thank you very much!

Because you don't have to buy a spool gun for aluminum and you won't have to buy a whole roll of wire for one weld. With a TIG you can just get a rod or two, much cheaper if you have the welder already.

I didnt say aluminum. Aluminized is an aluminum spraycoated mild steel. And er70s6 mild steel wire welds stainless together just fine. Its not as pretty but welds fine.

I didnt say aluminum. Aluminized is an aluminum spraycoated mild steel. And er70s6 mild steel wire welds stainless together just fine. Its not as pretty but welds fine.

Missed the "ized" part. Yes those are options, just not what I would prefer. Just throwing some ideas at him was all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

found a 3'' mild steel and a 3 1/2'' in stainless doughnut in stock in Montana

call 406-727-8915 and talk to Ken. i dont know prices but he has both hanging on the wall

found a 3'' mild steel and a 3 1/2'' in stainless doughnut in stock in Montana

call 406-727-8915 and talk to Ken. i dont know prices but he has both hanging on the wall

Sweet.
I haven't heard anything from Bponci today about getting his shipped, but I will call Ken tomorrow.
Thanks!

Back