Inconsistent issues.

rnemovr

Lost in the sauce
06, efi 6spd.

What would cause inconsistent smoke ? Basically for example, I am cruising along at 30 mph in 4th gear. I floor it and it doesn't smoke, no haze or anything. Next day, same road outside temp operating temp, speed and gear. I floor of and it smokes out the road. It does this with efi and did it with the smarty I had before. Boost, egt and rail all seems good. I want this smoke gone.

Scanner that will show you live data. For Grits and Shins unplug them and ensure theres a clean connection.

I think it may be a bad reading on iat sensor due to custom intake. Will check when I get back

What tune are you running? tow and street should not smoke hardly at all, hotstreet will puff pretty good if you stab it, race should smoke (not smarty heavy, but some) until boost comes up.

Right now I am running tow as clutch hates me. I ran street for 2 or 3 days and it was smarty bad

How do I go about data logging? I am still trying to track down my smoke issue I mentioned earlier. It is getting worse now, light black smoke upon normal take off. I have talked to local shops to see if they can check IAT and MAP and they look at me like I am crazy (not a good area for mechanics). I don't want to go dropping money on new sensors just to find out I need something different. Truck is 06 QCLB 5.9 6spd on 35s. Only mods are EFI from Anarchy, CAI and straigh pipe. Gauges are boost, rail and EGT.

How do I go about data logging? I am still trying to track down my smoke issue I mentioned earlier. It is getting worse now, light black smoke upon normal take off. I have talked to local shops to see if they can check IAT and MAP and they look at me like I am crazy (not a good area for mechanics). I don't want to go dropping money on new sensors just to find out I need something different. Truck is 06 QCLB 5.9 6spd on 35s. Only mods are EFI from Anarchy, CAI and straigh pipe. Gauges are boost, rail and EGT.

Mine will do the same thing, its hit and miss. But not as bad as your describing when I'm taking off from a stop, its only when I'll stab it when getting on the interstate or something of that nature, sometimes it will smoke a little and other times its clean as a whistle. But I also have an auto. I've just dealt with it, hell the truck has 170K on it so I'll just drive it untill something goes.. Maybe its injectors?? I don't have a clue.... :doh:

Back