Indiana area Allison builders

LlyDMax

I've searched and unfortunately come up with nothing. Does anyone know of any good Allison builders in Indiana? I know a lot of Cummins guys that take their stuff to Dan's in Gas City, then there is Haisley, etc etc. I know Danville and some dealerships will do it as well but I'm looking for a solid recommendation from someone who has had the work done. Hopefully someone can point me in a good direction and I can get this ball rolling! Been looking at the G-Max5 & converter or a PPE kit, really just need opinions and suggestions. Thanks guys

Jake at fleece is pretty good at them! my buddy had a 03 dmax and he had fleece do a suncoast stage 3. no issues at all. and they have a 1 year warrenty on them also.

Combining everyones hard on for Fleece and their outrageous prices I'll probably be avoiding them

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Do it once and have it done right. Fleece Performance.

Where are you located? I am in Robinson il ( about 45 min from Terre Haute), and can help pm for more info if you are interested.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I wont be going to Fleece..

And I'm from Kokomo about 50 miles north of Indy

If you don't want to pay, learn by doing it yourself. You save money AND you can only blame yourself for being stubborn and not taking advice. The people you mentioned, Danville and Fleece, didn't get a big name and "hard on" from their customers by providing unsatisfactory work

Not wanting to pay? Being stubborn? Not taking advice? It has nothing to do with not taking advice. I don't want to take my truck to Fleece, thats just personal preference not being stubborn. Saving money and paying isn't even an issue I would rather support a smaller builder who has more experience with strictly the Allison. I posted this with hopes of hearing names other than Fleece and Danville. Someone had mentioned Redline Diesel.. anyone have any experience with them?

Fleece or Danville in your area... Merchant Automotive also knows the Allison VERY well but they are in MI...

If you are wanting to support a smaller builder, i agree with cumm24vins. Call Matt at Blackout Diesel Performance, he knows his way around an allison.

Matt can set you up as good as I can if not better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Steven abdoo at south run diesel is just barely across the Indiana line in Kentucky. Ben Shadday at done right diesel is a dealer for Steven and he can get you setup. If your interested pm me and I can set you up with either one of these twos phone number and more information. Both small shops, with fast turn around times, warranties on there work, and no "big name" inflated prices either...

Sounds like plenty of good recommendations. Personally I know Gullett Performance (rgullett83) does good work and will treat you right.

I'll have to give South Run and Done Right a call! It's not that I don't appreciate/like Fleece or Danville I just know how much they have on their plates already. Especially after my runs and efi live at Danville.. I know they have a lot on their plates and will only be getting more busy. Same with Fleece I would assume. Anyway, I'll be pming some people on here it looks like! Any one have any good setups? Like a 550ish, stock cp3 and turbo trans build? I'm sure its been covered 50 times but still.

Either Matt @ Blackout or give Riley a call, both are professionals

Any one have any good setups? Like a 550ish, stock cp3 and turbo trans build? I'm sure its been covered 50 times but still.

lbz pump, s366, and built trans. easy 550 reliably and will have good street manners

Idk where your at in Indiana but j and j performance does a great job. They are in elderado ohio

Last edited:
Call Matt at Blackout. He knows how to build an Allison and WILL walk across glass for his customers. Whatever you do, DO NOT cheap out and go with the cheapest place or you will be buying another transmission.

Back