Industrial Cummins Block.

Well not sure yet. The deal is I bought my old 215 pump back from my buddy and he threw in a brand new industrial block and stiffener plate. I just bought a 92 12v that has a scored cyl. wall and thought about putting the rods and crank from the 12v in this industrial block for my hp engine.

I would say either one as long as it isn't a 53 block, put a girdle on it and you won't have to worry.

Well, really I need to upgrade but my motor is balanced, 13mm pump, BIG scheid cam, and 11.1 compression arias flycut pistons so on and so forth and I have stock 12v rods. Turn 5500+ on the line and around 5k down the track. Does this help you?

you not looking for an "industrial" block....

your looking for a block that has the International Diamond cast into it.... the IH cast blocks... do a google search.....

friend of mine pulled one out of his 97... i got an IH head out of the wreckers.

What type "industrial" block is it? I've seen some structural AG blocks that are 4-500lbs heavier than a standard block...but they've all bee rear-geartrain engines.

But a normal industrial block would be the same...

Chris

you not looking for an "industrial" block....

your looking for a block that has the International Diamond cast into it.... the IH cast blocks... do a google search.....

friend of mine pulled one out of his 97... i got an IH head out of the wreckers.

From what I have seen, the "IH" heads are about the same as anything else, I have one on a mild 2.6 truck that cracked.$.02

From what I have seen, the "IH" heads are about the same as anything else, I have one on a mild 2.6 truck that cracked.$.02

Yea, the IH castings I kind of put in the same as which set of rods are best. A very small limited number of samples (ie 1 or 2 ) are sent to a metallurgist for an analysis. Granted this is along the right path, but 1 or 2 samples out of millions isn't a good sample quantity for form any proof that one is better than the other. The ones that were sampled may have been just on the high end of the spec while the others were on the low end. Until someone can pull the specs from the factory and say at at such and such plant we ran higher nickel content in the block. I wouldn't put much faith in the certain made blocks(stay away from the 53 LOL) etc.

I would say either one as long as it isn't a 53 block, put a girdle on it and you won't have to worry.

not all 53 blocks were bad. theres a way to check the serial of the block to see if it was one that shifted in the mold. ill look it up

Back