Industrial Injection Compund kit info

99_SilvrCummins

I have found a compound kit supposedly made by II and I would like to know as much as possible about it before I purchase it. It consists of a 62/14 over a super 70

what is the spec on the exhaust exducer on the 62?
What is the specs for the Super 70?
How much up and down shaft play is "acceptable" on the 70?

What should I expect to pay?
(oil lines and all piping except intercooler to top turbo pipe included)

What horsepower is achievable with this setup?

I am also in the process of speaking with someone at II but would like feedback from people here too.
Thanks for any help and advice you can provide
Ray

the 62 I believe is a 72/71/14 and the 70 is a k31 somewhere in the 71mm range with like a .84 or .9 A/R housing

this is just off the top of my head, up and down shaft play shouldn't be an issue, it's the in and out you gotta worry about

I think the k31 II uses in their twins has a wastegated housing and it is probably a 1.15 housing.

results

Just talked to II it is a 62/71/14 over a S471 with a 1.32AR housing
What would a combo like this be worth?

That is basically an s300/s400 combo. Search around there are plenty of places to buy that so you can get an idea.

for now

I bought the 62 out of the kit and am deciding on if I want the rest of the kit or not.
I need a lot of other supporting mods before I can run compounds.

Update

The 62 has the following numbers
p/n 1462339
mod HTB2
s/n 0209073
Is this a HTTurbo? or does II make a HTB2 varaint?

Larger turbo has following numbers
p/n 167050
mod BHT3B
s/n K1406 091

If any one can give me help finding the measurements on these turbos is appreciated.

What is a compound kit with these turbos worth?

Thanks
Ray

Doesn't the compressor housing discharge located differently on 3rd gen turbos ie pointed forward not left when looking at the truck?

Back