Industrial's Silver Bullet vs E.D. Better Bullet

Silver6spd

Which is a better turbo for all around the 66/74/14 II or the 66/74/12 E.D? This is for a 6spd with Hamilton bigstick, pushrods, springs, 120's, Gasket matched ATS 2pc manifold, headstuds, Dragonslayer pump, smartyTNT/TST/mp-8 stack and a dual disk clutch. Truck won't tow much if any and will be a daily driver. Truck has 4.10 gears and 35x12.50's on stock wheels. As of now I've got super B special for everything listed above but think that's too much for the 64.5/71/14.

I thought you were a turbo pro? Im suprised you need advice! You already have the amazing piston melting setup going for you running the TNT, TST, MP8 on a stock charger.

None of that's on the truck yet, just smarty TNT/mp-8. I'm only gonna use 2/0 on TST since smarty kinda falls on it's face on topend. I know enough about some turbos but not about the 2 listed. The cam, studs, springs, turbo etc aren't installed yet I'm sending the truck off when I get the dual disk clutch ordered b/c the single ceramic button clutch is only rated to 600hp and it's about wore out

Im running a E.D "Better Bullet" 66/74/14 on my 6 speed and love the thing. I have 4.10 gears and 37x13.50s. They call it a "Better Bullet" for a reason! E.D has there $hit figured out and builds a great turbo!

Im running a E.D "Better Bullet" 66/74/14 on my 6 speed and love the thing. I have 4.10 gears and 37x13.50s. They call it a "Better Bullet" for a reason! E.D has there $hit figured out and builds a great turbo!

Its kind of a no brainer, way better turbo Cris knows his sh!t, i have a 64/73/12, its amazing to see that big of a turbine in that little housing, it kicks azz for sure!!!

I think on a 3rd gen I would not use the 12cm and go with the 14cm. I am sure it could be built either way. I guess if you want crazy fast spool though...

What kinda fueling(programmer and injector size) do you have and are you running stock cam or aftermarket

Programming: Smarty TNT/R and Mp-8
Injectors: Honed Stockers To 130hp over
Cam: Stock

I daily drive the truck with just the Smarty for tuning and the thing still spools great. And like said above.... for a 3rd gen go with the 14cm exhaust housing!

Im running the Better Bullet 66/74/12 and for me still running on stock sticks it spools really nice on my truck. Monday Im putting in my DDP 90's in so im thinkin the way it spools now the 90's will spool if faster than the 64/71/13ss I had. Im not lookin for crazy power or anything and still need the ability to tow when need be so thats why I chose the 12 over the 14. Chris said that the 74/12 combo will out spool and flow a 71/14 combo so the smaller turbine housing is still a nice choice.
Ive towed with this turbo and for being a 66 it really surprised me so the 90's are really gonna be a nice addition to this turbo!

Last edited:
There both good turbo's. It just depends on you wanting one built to your truck or a off the shelf Silver Bullet from Industrial. I run all Industrial Injection fueling and ED S400 2.6 charger.

Back