Indy Jamboree/NADM Invitational Pull-9/19

not my job to police the lineup. just pointing out facts. define affilated organizations.

then why did you bring it to the boards in the first place? it should have taken it up with the NADM staff if you had a problem

affilated orgs..anyone that has worked with/put on a show with NADM. AFAIK

Example, brad hodler. Qualified at an affiliate event. Payed 1 time hook fee with both trucks in case he didn't qualify. Well he did qualify. So... He joined at the event. Cost him $120 to pull yesterday. And a little FYI. He finished 5th in 2.6 and blew a boot. The truck was still running very hard when it happened. It had many more feet to go. That truck has run for many years very well with a completely stock lower end. Congrats to him. Had a great time. Great event

Calvin that was a great run. congrats. Had a great time out there can not wait till next year already. Terry, Wes, Evan, Carl, corngrat to all of you good clean runs. That is the fun part of this pull you know that every truck that hooks to the sled has a chance to beat you Thanks NADM for another great show you guys did a great job.

Ohio and Ky swept the field in the 2.6.....:woohoo:

Thanks Nick, nice pass by you as well...

thanks for reminding us that you can whip us all at WCH last night :rockwoot:.

Had a good time pullin and hangin out with everyone!!!

Example, brad hodler. Qualified at an affiliate event. Payed 1 time hook fee with both trucks in case he didn't qualify. Well he did qualify. So... He joined at the event. Cost him $120 to pull yesterday. And a little FYI. He finished 5th in 2.6 and blew a boot. The truck was still running very hard when it happened. It had many more feet to go. That truck has run for many years very well with a completely stock lower end. Congrats to him. Had a great time. Great event

Video shows he was done moving. Good running truck though.

DSCN0578-1.jpg

DSCN0580.jpg

It's miller time

we were at indy. i am a little confused about how some of these 2.6 trucks qualified. about 6 of these trucks were legit top trucks, the rest couldnt win our local fairs. must be who you know more than your truck.there are 4 ky. trucks that could easily finished top 10 but the fans didnt get to see them.if you want a good show invite the BEST trucks,not your best friends.

My suggestion to you sir, is to take your truck, gather up your best pullers from your local fairs, join NADM, and do what it takes to qualify for Indy. You will be welcomed by both officials and fellow competitors. Fifty percent of those running will be in the bottom half of the class. It dosn't mean they are bad trucks. At the conclusion of the pull you will know you were running with some of the best trucks in the country. You will feel good about being there..... Trust me.

If you pull at an NADM event you will be a member.

The Indy Invitational is a "reward" pull for Friends of the NADM. You help us promote Diesel Motosports, we help you, by putting you front of 10,000 fans.. and dozens of potential sponsors that normally do not see Diesel trucks.

The only way to guarantee your spot was to place 1st or second at an NADM event, top 5 at Numidia, win last years Indy, be a points leader at an affiliate event SERIES. There were a few bonus chances over the year also.

Or get yourself in a position where I owe you a favor. Like Matt Williams. A good truck from Kentucky. He missed our pulls this year but helped us out when we were short handed.
Sadly, Matt decided that a few Kentucky brush pulls were more important, and didn't bother to tell me, so he lost his favored Kentucky truck status. You wont see him at Indy next time.

The best way NOT to get invited? Never come to a pull, dont be a member, and badmouth NADM for not picking your buddies who we don't even know exist.
And dont call me at 1:00 am Saturday morning before the pull.

As far as the best trucks? Points leaders and winners, everyone one of them from somewhere. Although, half the field was working on their trucks clear up to the time they were hooking to the sled, from the very first truck to the very last. :doh:Shame on all of you last minute mechanics for not bringing your A-game for the fans. Nobody wants to watch you have the hoods up and wrenches out.

Excellent pull as the videos show, cant wait til next year !!!

Narrow track we dont do lines,trying to give the pullers every inch of space we can.
If the truck ruins the markers down, DQ.

If you pull at an NADM event you will be a member.

The Indy Invitational is a "reward" pull for Friends of the NADM. You help us promote Diesel Motosports, we help you, by putting you front of 10,000 fans.. and dozens of potential sponsors that normally do not see Diesel trucks.

The only way to guarantee your spot was to place 1st or second at an NADM event, top 5 at Numidia, win last years Indy, be a points leader at an affiliate event SERIES. There were a few bonus chances over the year also.

Or get yourself in a position where I owe you a favor. Like Matt Williams. A good truck from Kentucky. He missed our pulls this year but helped us out when we were short handed.
Sadly, Matt decided that a few Kentucky brush pulls were more important, and didn't bother to tell me, so he lost his favored Kentucky truck status. You wont see him at Indy next time.

The best way NOT to get invited? Never come to a pull, dont be a member, and badmouth NADM for not picking your buddies who we don't even know exist.
And dont call me at 1:00 am Saturday morning before the pull.

As far as the best trucks? Points leaders and winners, everyone one of them from somewhere. Although, half the field was working on their trucks clear up to the time they were hooking to the sled, from the very first truck to the very last. :doh:Shame on all of you last minute mechanics for not bringing your A-game for the fans. Nobody wants to watch you have the hoods up and wrenches out.

Excellent pull as the videos show, cant wait til next year !!!

Sure wish Matt would have made it. But i think 1600 bucks at stake at a brush pull got the better of him! :hehe:

Anyways, good show, and the track was so much better than last year!

And Congrats Terry Martin! good run!

Great Show again Gene and all the NADM crew!!!!! Top Notch all of ya......

Track was VERy good this year and sticky!!!! Nothing like seeing the sled back up after a mod truck and seeing a 4 foot mound of dirt in front of the sled!

indy pull

I can say GREAT JOB GENE an everybody at NADM,an BOY O BOY was that a GREAT pull,WHAT A FEELIN,shane had a awesome run,congrats man,it was nice talk'n to everybody,Ben Miller,Kent,Eric,,ITS alot of fun pulling with ya'll,for the past 5yrs i always wanted to pull with the mods,never thot i could get it done,but with A lot of long hard hours of working,60-70hrs a wk,made a dream come true,and best of all,a few true friends that have trust in me,carl an cory Atlee,you guys have showed an taught me a lot,way more then i coulda learned on my own this quik,this a whole new ball game,i will always try my best,i'm just a hard workin country boy that loves to pull,BUT most of all,you can have all the power in the world,if you don't know how to use it,it won't do ya any good,many THANKS TO JOSH AN DOUG @ WOODRUFF DIESEL,YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM RUN,good run TERRY MARTIN AN EVEN DAVIS IN THE 2.6 CLASS,you too nick,good to see you,

Thanks Gene and crew for giving me the opportunity to pull.* Couldn't believe it when our back tire blew while we were sitting in line to pull!!* How embarrassing!!* Had to resort to running our Cepeks on the back or not run at all.* Broke some front end parts, but I guess that's part of the game... Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be anything too major...* :woohoo: Thanks to the guys who helped us change the tires -- we didn't get your names, but if you're on here, let us know -- we really appreciate your help!!*

By the way, it'd be great to see a class started for our type of truck in the future...*

Thanks again everyone....Melissa* :thankyou2:

Calvin you had a great hook. I was yellin for ya man! So was my wife :hehe: I had a very good time. Learned alot of things about the truck and the new set up we tried. One being tire pressure is a big factor on how the truck goes down the track:bang If it weren't for Van Haisley and Matt Gilmore I would have never got down the track. So big thank Van and SmokinCummins. I think this event opened alot of peoples eyes to diesel sled pulling. With pulling before the monster trucks. EVERYONE was in the stands and on their feet yelling during the pull. The mod trucks really got them going. Glad to see TONS of people supporting our sport. Can't wait til next year. Great job NADM. And big thanks to Charlie at AirDog as well to help make it happen!:rockwoot:

Back