Injection pump fuel feeds?

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
How is everyone dual feeding there pumps now a days? I haven't been around comp d or the diesel scene and it's been a while please inform me with photo's and anything else that will help! Thank you

Out of curiosity what size/thread is the hole in the front of the injection pump?

Out of curiosity what size/thread is the hole in the front of the injection pump?

M18 and if you remove the helicoil on the side feed port it opens it to a M16. I have -10 an stainless lines running to front and side off a "y" block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Ghostman said, err at least about the port sizes, my lines are rubber and the front plug is solely for a fuel pressure gauge :hehe:

I've read where some have to go to war with the front plug to get it out. I have had great luck with driving the truck a little hard first to get it up to temp. It still took a 2ft breaker bar, but it didn't strip the head.

Yes I had to weld a Allen fitting into the front plug with my TIG machine and then a large breaker bar.

3/8 Air impact should get it, what's the size in the front of the pump without removing the helicoil?

Metric or standard?

3/8 Air impact should get it, what's the size in the front of the pump without removing the helicoil?

Metric or standard?

Good luck, it will probably strip out. The front port has a plug, which is M18(no helicoil). The normal stock feed port is M14, remove the helicoil and then it's M16.

The front port plug requires a 10mm hex to remove. I broke a couple chinese allen sockets and (1) Lisle American Made socket. I didn't have enough leverage with a 24" breaker bar, once I got another 10" of handle length using a pipe, it stripped the fitting.

There appears to be epoxy on the threads of the plug, every time I've removed a plug has required welding. I wonder if the heat from welding weakens the epoxy on the threads and allows the plug to be removed. Might be some sort of permanent epoxy....

The front port plug requires a 10mm hex to remove. I broke a couple chinese allen sockets and (1) Lisle American Made socket. I didn't have enough leverage with a 24" breaker bar, once I got another 10" of handle length using a pipe, it stripped the fitting.

There appears to be epoxy on the threads of the plug, every time I've removed a plug has required welding. I wonder if the heat from welding weakens the epoxy on the threads and allows the plug to be removed. Might be some sort of permanent epoxy....
I stripped the allen out of a pump I was doing and had to beat a torque socket in to it and use a impact gun to get it out

You guys are making the poor guy worry too much LOL

I put off putting in my dual feed for quite a while because of the dreaded front plug stories. It came out without an issue on both of my trucks.

The first one I tried, I stripped out and had to weld it out. I believe the heat releases the epoxy on the threads. I have used a small butane torch to heat around the plug on the last 5 or 6 I have removed. No problem at all with a small amount of heat applied.

I bought my dual feed kit from Rob's Diesel, who is also a sponsor of this site.

I believe you're right about the epoxy and heat, I first tried to get mine out without any heat. Was leaning into a 2.5' breaker pretty good. Didn't want to screw anything up, did some googling and found your thread over on CF, I then decided to turn on the truck and get it up to temp. once doing that I was deffinatly not pulling so hard on the breaker when it gave loose.

Back