Injection pump question about runaway

sleeperman

I got a IC pump for my non ic truck and turned it up and was wondering why I cant turn it up as far as my old pump? The screw is turned in as far as it will go(wont turn anymore) and it wont run away I thought all of the ve pumps would run away if maxed. And this is the second IC pump I have turned up and maxed out and it wont run away and dont seem like they have the power like my non ic pump did.

Every pump is different, but a lot of the I/C pumps won't run away when maxed. Some people add material to the existing screw to make it longer, or I think pure diesel power sells a longer version.

The non ic pump you had in your truck had bigger delivery valves and put more fuel out there. The problem is they run hotter that is why cummins made the change.

My IC pump almost ran away with turns to go. RPM hung so i backed off...like they said just differs from pump to pump

I could run the fuel screw on my old non-intercooled truck in until it bottomed out, and the throttle would kinda hang, but not runaway.
On my brothers intercooled first gen, I had the pump start to run away on me when it still had a few turns to go.
As stated above, all pumps are different.

My I/C pump is also bottomed out without running away. I did have to back my idle screw all the way in to get it to idle. I have considered a longer fuel screw but don't want to have to mess with the linkage to get it back to idle. In other words some run away and some don't.Rocky

Back