Injector Balance test

wideopen

Slum Lord
2006 I want to do an Injector Balance Test on the truck to test the Injectors (Rough Idle when Cold).

What tool do you guys use to test the rates, and what values are good/bad?

Thanks

Someone tell him to use the search function.....

Good info on that thread ^^^

by the look of the screen shots it appears to be efi v2 if thats what your asking..

You guys are right, If I had EFI Live it would be great...But I don't have EFI Live.

So let me try this again....What do you guys use to test the Injector Balance rates if you don't have EFI Live?

I've been told that you need an actual Chrysler scan tool to test injectors, and most generic scanners won't on a cummins.

Balance rates won't tell you forsure if ones bad. It's just an indicator to point you in the direction. If the compression is alittle low that will show too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Basically just trying to get an idea of which injector to start with.

Auto enginuity uses the factory cylinder contribution test and is deadly accurate when diagnosing a bad cylinder/injector. I have used it several times when balance rates were inconclusive.

Auto enginuity uses the factory cylinder contribution test and is deadly accurate when diagnosing a bad cylinder/injector. I have used it several times when balance rates were inconclusive.

I didn't think Auto Enginuity had cylinder contribution available for all years of the CR's?

Will it let you do injector kill test?

You can kill cylinders with a Snap on scanner i believe

If you really want to test them. Just pull them all out and have them all tested at an injection shop. Should he around $25-30/each. You'll get an accurate reading that way.

If you really want to test them. Just pull them all out and have them all tested at an injection shop. Should he around $25-30/each. You'll get an accurate reading that way.

diesel injection service in Louisville can do them, they have a bosch flowbench.

My local shop charges $50 each to test, but they will put toward cost of injector if you buy from them.

Back