Injector choice for 4b

superdutyfarmer

Well I'm building a 4bt for a drag truck/daily driver project. Have hx35/364 turbo setup. Looking for injector choice for 4-500hp, trying to keep haze to a minimum at idle. I contacted 2 places on here selling injectors and haven't heard anything back. I'm thinking 5x.014 or 5x.016. Would that be too big? Have a p pump and 4k governor springs for in it at the moment. Any help appreciated

I'd run 5x.014's. You figure that those chargers are even bigger in comparison to displacement, but I think with the pump tuned right, and good pressure into it, that'd make for a good setup.

I am doing something similar. My 48 Dodge is getting a 2000 Ram frame and drive line with a bread truck engine in front. The 3.9 is getting a 4.5 crank, a 1/2" deck plate and some mahle marine pistons. For turbo we are using an HX30/35 hybrid fed from an HX55. The big charger may be too big. But the price was good. Free! If it doesn't work, we'll try something different. I am considering some 7 x .010 nozzles with my p pump and 5 speed. I am inclined to not "roll coal", at least not on the street. We may carry a larger set of injectors to the drag strip and run the more emission friendly set for cruising. I have no experience to confirm this, but I think the 5x .016 would be pretty smokey.

That's what I was thinking, 5x.014, I'm in the same boat I don't want to be super smoky. Planned on running a fuel plate to try and curb that a little bit as well as maybe a little looser convertor

Back