Injector connector tubes

JSPulliam21

We Don't Rent Pigs
I understand I will need new connector tubes when I put new injectors in because of my engine serial number. Should I just find a set o stock ones from a later model, or go with the .093 connector tubes? They are both the same price. Is there a benefit to the .093's? Are there any negatives? I am thinking 150 injectors. F1, DDP, Coaltrain, Scheid, Dragon Fly's, I don't know.

F1's and why would u have to change connector tubes?
Brandon

well i asked also about tubes and lines as well.i read until my eyes hurt.ist about 50/50 in a good idea.i am going with schides 93s and lines.hope to do it soon!

There is a revised Cummins part number for his year truck.
98.5-99 Cummins have "bad" connector tubes compared to the newer trucks.

There is a revised Cummins part number for his year truck.
98.5-99 Cummins have "bad" connector tubes compared to the newer trucks.

Im still rockin the stock tubes in the flatbed it is a 99' with 250,000 on them and they work fine..... Never knew this was an issue.
Brandon

All I knew was that DDP, and a couple of other vendors state that 98.5's with an ESN earlier than the one listed need updated connector tubes. I wanted to know if there was any benefit from the .093 tubes, since they cost the same.

All I knew was that DDP, and a couple of other vendors state that 98.5's with an ESN earlier than the one listed need updated connector tubes. I wanted to know if there was any benefit from the .093 tubes, since they cost the same.

I would figure which injector u will be using and then ask them what they recommend. I think Don likes .084"s IIRC.....
Brandon

While were on the topic, how do you go about removing the connector tubes?

I use a small flat head, make sure u dont damage where the line seals to the tube!
Brandon

They should come out fairly easy, not fall out but with alittle persuasion......
Brandon

So, is there any benefit to the .093 tubes?

8hp/25tq is what i gained on back to back runs with stock and .093's.

i had them with big sticks- DDP J62's (~250hp injector) and both a II HRVP44, and a stock SO VP44 and neither of them had any kind of lope with just the tubes, but I had stock lines too.

I was wondering about this...i talked to schied and they said cummins recommends new tubes when you change injectors so you get a good seal on the injector body! When iv taken injectors out, they do have a spray pattern on the injector body! So does the leak hurt that much...looks like it would make some difference. Also how do ya know if the tubes are sealed to the injector body after they are instaled???

Back