injector hole measurements

8DEMON8

TOXIC DIESEL RULES
I was wondering if we could put some measurements up ? I have a set of fbd 150's right now that I want to either put lift in or punch out and add lift. Also what's the pros and cons to having 6, 7, etc holes ? Thanks Chris :rockwoot:

I have heard that the more holes they have, the more likely they are to blow a tip.

I guess what I'm asking is what HP rating is a 7x012= 6x013= etc....
How about a 240+HP what size is that ? If I wanted to make mine those how big would the holes be and how much lift ? Thanks

no one knows because its not that cut and dry.

horse power rating is useless, for one, the injectors will effect every truck differently

hole size is like this retarded measurement of turbo size we have come up with.

hx40, he351, s360, and a ton of other turbos have a 60mm compressor inducer, but theres a over a 200 horse potential difference between them

injectors should be measured in cc/min or something.

Bosch's standard for rating injector flow is: Milliliters per minute at 100bar, 40 ° C.
Rarely do you see these numbers though because most injectors are not flow tested after being modified. Also it would take the smoke and mirrors out of the equation.

Bosch's standard for rating injector flow is: Milliliters per minute at 100bar, 40 ° C.
Rarely do you see these numbers though because most injectors are not flow tested after being modified. Also it would take the smoke and mirrors out of the equation.

doesn't DDP rate theres with LPM of AIR? theres no way ddp comps can flow like 60lpm of fuel or fluid for that matter!

I know my DDP4's were flowed, and they came out between 1.2lpm and 1.6lpm! which was very close to stock! I believe the guys at exergy told us that stock nozzles flow somwhere around .8-.9lpm

so the DDP4's (24v) are like 25% over stock nozzle, but lift and stroke comes in to play also, not just hole size, shape, and spray

FBD 150's would be 7x0.010" with no pintle modifications.

Thank you guys. Rollin coal I was hopping you would chime in with your experience, you know a little bout fuel. I followed your build on CF. So I'm thinking bout doing 7x14 with .010 lift. It still has the HO pump so it might be a little overkill until the pump swap but I don't wanna deal with injectors again. If anybody else wants to jump in with tech talk or opinions feel free. Thanks again.

a 7x .010 nozzle is normally rated around 125, but with lift, seat and pintle mod can be up around 200hp I reckon

I guess what I'm asking is what HP rating is a 7x012= 6x013= etc....
How about a 240+HP what size is that ? If I wanted to make mine those how big would the holes be and how much lift ? Thanks

7X.012 with lift is 240HP

Back