injector line supports

cummins cowboy

how are you guys supporting your fuel lines? Number 6 line at the cylinder head on my truck keeps comming loose and leaking and then i can't get them sealed back up.I replaced the line and the connector tube last night and the new line lasted all of 20 miles. Thanks!

well i took the line off today to take a look at it and it has a big crack running around the seat and up the line. Thats the 2nd number 6 line i have cracked. The first line lasted about 100 miles and the second about 20. Im curious if anyone else is running into the same problem with the .120 stainless lines

well i took the line off today to take a look at it and it has a big crack running around the seat and up the line. Thats the 2nd number 6 line i have cracked. The first line lasted about 100 miles and the second about 20. Im curious if anyone else is running into the same problem with the .120 stainless lines

I take it you bought the lines from somebody, and did not bend them yourself?

I havent had one lick of problems with my .120 lines....and Im not easy on them!

I take it you bought the lines from somebody, and did not bend them yourself?

i bought the prebent kit from Industrial Injection but they are scheids lines. I bought 2 spare straight lines so the 2nd #6 line i put on it i bent.

I am open to any and all suggestions and ideas at this point.

Call schied's about it. Hopefully they will bend you a new line at no charge. When I had my #1 leak, they wanted my old line back before they would bend me a new one. Being across a national border, that spelled about a week and a half of down time for me, even with express shipping.

thanks i will give them a call in the morning.As much as those lines cost i hope they will replace it. it looks to me that when they do the crimp on the end it leaves a little rib on both sides that the collar hits and all the pressure of tightning down the line is focused in those two little spots and because stainless is so hard it cracks instead of giving

Back