Injector Remove and Replace ?'s

Jim Fulmer

Do any of you have a decent set of instructors? I've never even seen this done much less performed it, any help would be appreciated.

Jim

It's really pretty straight forward as ignorant as that might sound. On the LLY the injectors are all external which makes them fairly easy to get to. Start off by pulling both side wheel wells and look to see what you should remove to get them out. I know on my buddies lb7, which are internal, we pulled the wheel wells, removed the intake, ic pipes, common rail module, unhooked the ecu harness, fuel filter bracket, etc. Once you get the wells pulled and wheels off you should be able to see what you need to move to get to them.

No need to remove the wheel wells. Just remove everything over the valve covers/injectors to gain access. The propper injector puller should be used and to not scar the bodies. One thing I may add is be carefull on the fuel return lines. They are just plastic T's held in by clips and can become brittle. They cost about $50 at a dealer and the clips are special order.

Both good info, via F/B I was told it was fairly simple. I'd like breakage info is good, it's the young bosses truck so I'd like to break as little as possible!

Jim

Honestly the only thing you can break is the fuel return hose. I would use a good pair of needle nose pliers to remove the clips so they don't shoot out and get lost on the frame or engine. Also there is no injector cups on this model to worry about being pulled out.

Dont pull those clips off at all. PUSH them on and they will stay bottomed out and release. Grab the top of the black plastic return that sticks in the injector and GENTLY twist and pull. I almost never brake one.

Dont pull those clips off at all. PUSH them on and they will stay bottomed out and release. Grab the top of the black plastic return that sticks in the injector and GENTLY twist and pull. I almost never brake one.

Like :)

Jim

Subscribed... Going to be replacing one or two in mine soon...

Looked at it yesterday morning, some stuff to move out of the way but no too crazy, it's all nuts, bolts and learning!

Jim

Back