Injector Size

2001cumminsman

Uh....?
Can someone point me in the direction of a thread breaking down injector sizing ex. 6X.018=hp or LPM? Or an equation of some sort...

What to expect from a 24v 6X.018 and 6X.022 injector... But also just interested if there was just an equation to figure out lpm for a different sizes of injectors... The hp rating and lpm would be different because of pressure differences in a p pump, vp, and common rail system correct?

Equation to figure that is? what application are you wanting me to define?

p-pump

vp44

or

CR

my theory:

1. daily driving sub 750 hp 7-10 hole

more holes, less ignition delay, less timing, street driving

-lower avg. rpms
-more responsive
-able to make it act like a bigger hole injector with added pintle lift
- subtle orfice size increases make a bigger difference (especicially in CRs because of huge rail pressure)

2. sled pull-drag race above 800hp 4-6 hole

-higher avg. rpm esp. sled pulling, and much higher avg. rpm drag racing then DD.

as rpms rise 2500-5500

-smaller window of time to inject fuel at optimum time
=reason for .018-.035 orifice holes

depending on where your rpms settle off the line, down the track you need to have the right amout of timing hole size and (other mods)to build cylinder pressure that keeps your crank in the rpm range to keep your turbo,and cam, in its peak efficiency range, but not burn your motor down

the beauty of standalone CR programming comined with 26k+psi coming out the end of the nozzle and you will realize you can build MASSIVE cylinder pressure WHENEVER you want

but there is a very very small group of people who understand the art of diesel

sorry for the blah blah blah. someone please elaborate, weston???

I thought I stated that it is a vp truck sorry about that, but that will be the application... I would still like to know if there was an equation to do figure out lpm I'm sure you'd have to know pressure, duration, and of course #holes and hole size am i not correct?

I thought I stated that it is a vp truck sorry about that, but that will be the application... I would still like to know if there was an equation to do figure out lpm I'm sure you'd have to know pressure, duration, and of course #holes and hole size am i not correct?

it would be a lot of work to find out exactly how much fuel exits the nozzle upon normal operation in your engine.

but

a standard method is on machine capable of firing the injector,per whatever amount of times measured in LPM.

this is where it get hairy because everyone uses different methods

Equation to figure that is? what application are you wanting me to define?

That is hydraulic measured flow, equations are educated guesses. Application, as in street use, drag strip, sled pulling, N20 or fuel only?

I see no reason to go much larger than a 6x0.016" Mack nozzle with the VP44, you would be in the low 4LPM area, and larger hone sizing will most likely smoke more without an increase in power.

Back