Injector spray pattern help!

ninerqb8

Does anyone know what the spray pattern is for the stock 6.7 piston and the 6.7 industial (Part#4955160). I am building a p pumped 6.7 and need to know what spray angle the injectors would need to be for each option.

if your wanting power why worry about the stock angles. what you wanting to do with the truck? maybe list what mods your wanting to do. sledpulling, towing trailer, dragracing?

I dont really need to use the stock angles if there is a better option. But I need to use stock pistons or the industrial version so I can have durability to run on the road. If some one has a VP injector set for a p pump that works with either piston well I am all ears!

I dont really need to use the stock angles if there is a better option. But I need to use stock pistons or the industrial version so I can have durability to run on the road. If some one has a VP injector set for a p pump that works with either piston well I am all ears!

either bowl will be fine. with a nice 6 hole 155*. should do the trick.

Does anyone know what the spray pattern is for the stock 6.7 piston and the 6.7 industial (Part#4955160). I am building a p pumped 6.7 and need to know what spray angle the injectors would need to be for each option.

OTR 6.7L = 146° cone angle
Industrial 6.7L = 128° cone angle

I'm quite sure Ronnie knows this, considering where the info came from, and the fact I may have the piston prints for both.

I'm quite sure Ronnie knows this, considering where the info came from, and the fact I may have the piston prints for both.

Any recommendation as to what spray pattern would work best with each piston?

Depends on the overall setup, I will tell you this much, you won't find a 128° mechanical nozzle.

Depends on the overall setup, I will tell you this much, you won't find a 128° mechanical nozzle.

Looking to do a single for sled pulling, the after the season likely a set of tripples for street driving. I have a built 12mm pump for right now, but I plan on having a 13mm built for it.

I'm running coated stock pistons(pickup app) in mine with 7 x .013's that had the angle tightened slightly when the holes were re-cut. These worked well in my 5.9(24v/p-pump) and make even less smoke in the 6.7. I have a set of 6 x 19's with a slightly tighter angle and a set of 5 hole inj being made, just to try. Truck runs so nice, i just haven't felt like messing with it. I think anything that worked well in the 5.9 will work equally well in the 6.7 with the stock pistons.

Looking to do a single for sled pulling, the after the season likely a set of tripples for street driving. I have a built 12mm pump for right now, but I plan on having a 13mm built for it.

Those are two very different scenarios.

I'm running coated stock pistons(pickup app) in mine with 7 x .013's that had the angle tightened slightly when the holes were re-cut. These worked well in my 5.9(24v/p-pump) and make even less smoke in the 6.7. I have a set of 6 x 19's with a slightly tighter angle and a set of 5 hole inj being made, just to try. Truck runs so nice, i just haven't felt like messing with it. I think anything that worked well in the 5.9 will work equally well in the 6.7 with the stock pistons.

Thanks Ron. What kind of tighter angle are you talking about? Any reason for the new injectors being 5 hole vs 6 hole?

Those are two very different scenarios.

I know, I am not against changing injectors but I am trying to decide which piston might be better for both setups, or if there is one that is best.

I ended up with sets of both pistons at one time. I sent one of each to zach hamilton and he put them in his test area and sprayed into the bowls of each. he said he like what he saw(without being specific) with the stock versus the industrial. They do run clean, even at a medium power level with only moderate timing.

I ended up with sets of both pistons at one time. I sent one of each to zach hamilton and he put them in his test area and sprayed into the bowls of each. he said he like what he saw(without being specific) with the stock versus the industrial. They do run clean, even at a medium power level with only moderate timing.

That is good to know. From the other people I have talked to and your input as someone who has done this exact thing I am leaning towards the auto piston. I like that anyhow since they are a good bit cheaper.

Back