Injector suggestions...

ENafziger

I've searched around and tried to disect people's signatures, but still don't have a good feel on 1st gen injectors.

My goal is ~ 350 - 400 hp / 800 - 900 ft-lbs, daily driver, capable of mild towing, and great fuel mileage.

Other mods in the works are AirDog 150 pump with 1/2" lines and eliminating the factory fuel filter, 13" OFE Southbend clutch, HE351CW with the wastegate opened up to 1 1/16", ARP head studs bottom tapped, 3rd gen air box with Mopar high flow filter, 4" downpipe and exhaust, M&H timing spacer, 3200 rpm spring, M2 fuel pin from M&H, and 60 lb valve springs.

What injectors should I run in combination with the above to get me to the goal? Are 5 x .014 big enough? Will 5 x .016 be too much for towing? I'll run a progressive Cooling Mist water injection setup of temps are on the high side.

Thanks, Eric

Another question...are Weston's injectors the same as SDX?

I think it was Weston that I read a quote from saying that 6 hole injectors tend to give a more uneven spray pattern due to the pintle getting pushed and partially blocking 3 holes?

Anyone with experience on this one way or the other?

--Eric

Wish I could help ive done some searchin on this to and still not completly sure I think they use the same nozzles ive heard great things about sdx

Nothing can beat DDP4's as far as mileage. 5x.014's are big enough, and yes there are cheaper alternatives out there. Try and check your overall timing and make sure you are at c.20-25 deg for mileage. Mine's at 27 deg and it sounds terrible, but fuel economy is A-OK.

im running custom 7x.014s on mine opened up for more flow. spools my super phatshaft 64 like its stock

Another question...are Weston's injectors the same as SDX?

I think it was Weston that I read a quote from saying that 6 hole injectors tend to give a more uneven spray pattern due to the pintle getting pushed and partially blocking 3 holes?

Anyone with experience on this one way or the other?

--Eric
Weston does sdx stuff.

He's smokem right? Does he do business through someplace or pm him or?
Correct, you can pm him or buy through sdx. I think he might do cpp as well, not postive on that though.

I just pm him when I need something.

Back