Injector Tip Blew Off Or What Pic

GOLDDUSTERS5703

DDP4'S what happened?
BADINJECTOR.jpg

ur tellin me i was on a car cruise about 2 hours from the house, truck starts missing and what sounds like a knock when u give it any throttle (similiar to a rod knock). anyway determined that #2 was the one missing. got home this is what i found. borrowing a bore scope tonight to ck piston condition.

Looks like you know... That sucks man. What cylinder?

Hopefully not major damage. I'd expect it though...

Last edited:
cylinder #2

WOW! Thats not good. Send it in I will get you a new one at no charge. But honestly thats the first one so far. So im suspicous it was dropped at one time. Or something weird. Lenny
360-794-7974 Dynomite Diesel

thats awesome!! im not sure what happened. i was wondering if something else was down in there and smashed it?!

Tip failure in a Sac style nozzle is less common than with a VCO, looks like something contacted it.

How does that even happen?
Water can sometimes be blamed. But not on that injector.. Holes will pass even water. Thats why at this time I suspect it got dinked on something before it was installed. Then with enough fluid, pressure, and heat it failed. I cant wait to see it myself.

dang. that sucks man. good to see that DDP was quick to jump in and take care of it!!

Man Jeremy sorry to see that, hopefully the injector is the only issue, good luck and its great that DDP is gonna take care of that injector for ya, stand up guys for sure.

Oh, thats not good. And they were a 5x.014" hone size? I agree it looks like something tag'ed it. Leak that cyl. down and look for one of the valves to be bad or a burnt up slug.

I would check the hot side of the turbo too. When a tip of a nozzle is running inside a turbo exhaust housing it could damage a blade.

Back