injector tips

haz-mat19

I think I have my Dad talked into tips for Christmas. My question is what size would be the best for mileage and for towing. Would 100 hp be too big. I have alittle lag and I would like to get rid of it too. I could get a good deal on Bully dog tips. :thankyou2: for the info:Cheer:

How much towing Haz?? and how heavy? With the III's in the goat I can tow 15k all day long at a comfy 1000 on the EGT gauge. IMHO they are the best size injector for folks who want more power but keep the truck daily driven and working. Also it's not such a big power upgrade that the rest of your tranny will hate you for it LOL LOL

What power do the DDIII's add add Billy. I know they work awesome on your rig.

What you are looking at, 90-100HP.

Yeah, you even have an idea of the smoke they make as well LOL LOL

Your truck won't smoke nearly as bad though, once you get the turbo lit it stays lit, unlike mine that drops to almost 0 every shift :(

We have had great results with the Jammer 3's. They are right at 100 HP.

You should be able to pick up a set for under $225.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, my Dad called me and said that he got me a set of stage III tips from Edge for an early X-mas gift:Cheer: . Can't wait.

get er done Fullback ! Way to step up to the HP plate ...........HEY LADY ..........LOL

Im looking at the stage 3 jammers, theres one for somehting like 250$ thats just nozzles, and then complete injectors for 600$. What are just the nozzles for?

littlehandegan said:
Im looking at the stage 3 jammers, theres one for somehting like 250$ thats just nozzles, and then complete injectors for 600$. What are just the nozzles for?

You have the nozzles put on your stock injectors.

As long as there is nothing wrong with your stock injectors, and you have a diesel shop to assemble and test the injectors, it is way cheaper to buy the nozzles.

Last edited:
What he said ^^^

A set of injectors under stage 5 (I think) are just stock bodies with either more holes or enlarged holes. Much cheaper to buy just the tips.

Sounds about right. Might want to figure an additional $150 -$180 to have the tips put on, pop tested, and pressures reset (if need be) I learded this the hard way.
That said I went with the 5's. Im glad I did. I wouldnt want to go any smaller. I run comp on 5x5 and the origional HX-35 and have NO issues with EGT's. 70 MPH interstate = 650* Ive not tried towing yet, but know a few that tow with them and have no issues.
That said Im going to try a set from New Era Diesel to see if I like them any better. Edge goes up to 150's and Im thinking 180's and lil more air.:rockwoot:

HOLYSMOKES said:
Sounds about right. Might want to figure an additional $150 -$180 to have the tips put on, pop tested, and pressures reset (if need be) I learded this the hard way.
That said I went with the 5's. Im glad I did. I wouldnt want to go any smaller. I run comp on 5x5 and the origional HX-35 and have NO issues with EGT's. 70 MPH interstate = 650* Ive not tried towing yet, but know a few that tow with them and have no issues.
That said Im going to try a set from New Era Diesel to see if I like them any better. Edge goes up to 150's and Im thinking 180's and lil more air.:rockwoot:

Ok Stage5 tips comp on 5x5 and 650 deg?
no freekin way, where you reading your EGT's @ the tail pipe? :poke:

dan

70 MPH INTERSTATE 70 650* Cruise set. outside temp 22*

4" turbo back, straight pipe, no muffeler,no cat, BHAF, and probe in the port on HTT exhaust manifold (ported). will get pic if needed.

Last edited:
What is your WOT EGT? I can hit 1600+ easy with my 150hp Mass Diesel injectors and the Comp on 5x5 in no time at all. Although I do have the HY35. :bang

If anyone is interested we sell the Jammer tips already installed on bodies and tested for no extra cost, just the cost of tips and shipping to your door. The tips are a great way to go for anything under 150 HP.

What is your WOT EGT? I can hit 1600+ easy with my 150hp Mass Diesel injectors and the Comp on 5x5 in no time at all. Although I do have the HY35.

I cant really get it past 1400* WOT on my HX35. Im defueling by then due to RPM's being way up there and I KNOW Im running out of "umph" by then.

Back