Injector Washer

WV Stud

Hillbilly
So I pulled my injectors and the 2nd one didn't have a washer on it,noticed it after I laid it down on the table.I never heard anything fall while stepping off the stool.I look in the bore hole and nothing appears to be in it.

I have took a pick stuck it down threw the hole and tried to see if I could catch the washer..nothing....I have measured the bore and seems to be the same as the other 5.

I suppose tomorrow I am going to soak up as much of the oil as I can and see if it is laying in the head,I have ran my finger threw it and haven't found it..

The last time this injector was out was to swap the body due to a stud broke,and I had a extra pair of hands during this.Maybe it didn't get put back in ?? But this wouldn't allow the feed tube to set correct,and the truck has ran fine after that dyno,track.No problems.

I have searched and seen a few guys talk about taking a phillips screw driver,or a bolt and trying to thread it to pull it out...Anyone one have any other ideals or suggestions ?

Try sticking some long needle nose in there, open them and lift and see if you come out with it. That's what I've always done.

Yea I don't see how it could've worked with out it, not being able to seat right. What ya pulling the injectors for now?

Good luck.

Back